Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Everyone here seems to be completely ignoring that current players will be selected on the basis of their performances in the Club championship under this new manager and like other Counties. Not on Reputation or what a fella did in the Fitzgibbon 4 years ago! Reality dawning for a few if you are not at the business end of the County Championship this year and you are a seasoned campaigner.
Surely a player can perform well early in the championship too? You dont have to get to the latter stages of your championship to be considered for intercounty.

Everyone here seems to be completely ignoring that current players will be selected on the basis of their performances in the Club championship under this new manager and like other Counties. Not on Reputation or what a fella did in the Fitzgibbon 4 years ago! Reality dawning for a few if you are not at the business end of the County Championship this year and you are a seasoned campaigner.
Nonsense, so a very good hurler in a poor/average team shouldn't be considered because his team exited the championship early?

heading out to blarney tomorrow Ballygarvan v Ballygiblin .If Ballygarvan play as selected then K Lyons could be on M Keane if Keane is selected ao centre back.Lyons scored 1-2 last sunday .

The way it is graded now , every team is at or nearly at their level. If you can't get out or make a push to get out of the round robin and you are an Inter County Hurler, i'd be saying come on!
Ah come on. Blarney were well beaten last weekend - it doesnt mean Coleman, Barrett and Power are not up to intercounty.

Any intercounty manager will assess a player on their own performance in every match.

The way it is graded now , every team is at or nearly at their level. If you can't get out or make a push to get out of the round robin and you are an Inter County Hurler, i'd be saying come on!
That’s the strangest view on picking panels I’ve ever heard. Do you rule out everyone outside a successful Premier senior club so? Weird

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Amigo The Devil
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼