Cyclists

I want to bring a whole load of luggage with me to the airport. I need to pay extra to the airline for the luggage unless I can fit it under the seat. But I want the bus company to transport it to the airport for free.

It’s not fair…..

Under carriage storage isn't just for bikes ya ghoul. That's the same bus that stops at Cork airport, surely you can comprehend that people may want to bring large suitcases with them when going to the airport??
Advice for you here now sunshine, don't tell.me about buses and coaches.

There is ample storage room within the Sunsungehi coaches for luggage.

Obviously one cannot bring a bloody bike inside a bus/ coach, do you need me to tell you why that is ?

Blah blah blah “the environment,”
Blah blah blah “we should be encouraging,” blah blah blah, “I’ve a monopoly on smugness,” blah blah blah, “I want something for nothing,” blah blah blah, “somebody else should pay,” blah blah blah “or something.”

I forgot blah blah blah “healthy lifestyle.” Blah blah blah, “paragon of virtue,” blah blah blah “stuff about de gubbermint” blah blah blah…..

A cyclist moans that she cannot put her bike on one of the low floor Sunsungehi coaches

The cyclist says she could put her bike on the older coaches, as in the Scania Iziar ones.

A disabled person in a wheelchair can very easily wheel their wheelchair onto a low floor Sunsungehi coach

A disabled person has to give Bus Eireann at least 24 hours notice before they turn up to a bus stop for the older coaches, the Scania Iziar as an example. This will allow Bus Eireann time to remove 2 rows of seats, it will cause a delay of around 10 minutes while the driver operates the wheelchair lift in order to lift the wheelchair bound traveller onto the coach

But no, the moans of the cyclist as always have to be paramount.

They have a bike, it's a bloody road, if they have an issue, then cycle to Cork
Again, where does the cyclist say her needs are paramount?

You haven't addressed the point about meeting the needs of both groups. I don't think the cyclist had said that she wants the old buses back, she just wants to be able to bring a bike on the bus. At no point does she say that people with mobility issues should be inconvenienced to accommodate her.

Again, where does the cyclist say her needs are paramount?

You haven't addressed the point about meeting the needs of both groups. I don't think the cyclist had said that she wants the old buses back, she just wants to be able to bring a bike on the bus. At no point does she say that people with mobility issues should be inconvenienced to accommodate her.
She will.have to follow that up with the NTA

Her moan is that she can no longer bring her bike onto a coach which has been designed to be easy accessed for those with physical disabilities.

The older coaches on the 226 route are traditional ones with elevated floors whereby generous amounts of boot space was under the floor.
The issue there is, in order to get up to those elevated floors then one has to be agile and climb up steps.

The bad news here for the likes of this lone cyclist is that, all of those elevated coaches in Bus Eireann's fleet are being replaced with low floor equivalents.

So here is a shocker, those passengers that are disabled can easily get onto these buses and coaches.

As for your cycling fraternity, well tough shit, on your bikes and cycle away

That is the decision, tough shit one and all.

She will.have to follow that up with the NTA

Her moan is that she can no longer bring her bike onto a coach which has been designed to be easy accessed for those with physical disabilities.

The older coaches on the 226 route are traditional ones with elevated floors whereby generous amounts of boot space was under the floor.
The issue there is, in order to get up to those elevated floors then one has to be agile and climb up steps.

The bad news here for the likes of this lone cyclist is that, all of those elevated coaches in Bus Eireann's fleet are being replaced with low floor equivalents.

So here is a shocker, those passengers that are disabled can easily get onto these buses and coaches.

As for your cycling fraternity, well tough shit, on your bikes and cycle away

That is the decision, tough shit one and all.
Life in binary mode :lol!:

Advice for you here now sunshine, don't tell.me about buses and coaches.

There is ample storage room within the Sunsungehi coaches for luggage.

Obviously one cannot bring a bloody bike inside a bus/ coach, do you need me to tell you why that is ?
Off to bus forum sunshine, this is the cyclist thread. Nobody gives a a shit about your horn for buses :lol!:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

26th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Lemoncello

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼