Cyclists

Just because you didn't like his answer doesn't mean you got no answer.

A compromise would presumably be a bus with a lower floor (and thus no under-floor storage) to allow those on wheel-chairs access to the bus, and an elevated rear platform on the bus with raised seats and storage underneath for suitcases and a limited amount of bicycles. Probably be an idea to make it obligatory for anyone wishing to bring their bicycle on the bus to give advance notice and be cognisant of the fact that it would be a very limited number, especially on airport/railway routes where large luggage pieces are to be given more space.
I didn't get an answer, Soundy. I asked if he didn't think both groups should be accommodated. His answer was that the cyclist should take it up with the NTA.

Now I'll grant you that where speedy gets his opinions is a tough one to answer, but I'd have thought it unlikely that they arise from a consultation between the cyclist and the NTA.

She came down the street that had the Keep Left Sign and ignored it. Just because she crossed beyond the actual sign didn't absolve her from having to obey the road sign as a road-user
Oh stop, she used a designated crossing which she is entitled to, she didn't drive on the wrong side of the road like the motorists are doing, which is his issue.

Oh stop, she used a designated crossing which she is entitled to, she didn't drive on the wrong side of the road like the motorists are doing, which is his issue.

She was a road user and entitled to be on the road like the motorists in their cars, but also with the responsibility to obey the road-signs like the motorists in their cars. The two motorists, particularly the second one, were dicks, but that doesn't absolve the cyclist who was on the street of having to obey the rules of the road.

She was a road user and entitled to be on the road like the motorists in their cars, but also with the responsibility to obey the road-signs like the motorists in their cars. The two motorists, particularly the second one, were dicks, but that doesn't absolve the cyclist who was on the street of having to obey the rules of the road.
What rule did the female cyclist break? She used a designated crossing and kept left before the crossing and the sign. The motorists aren't doing that hence he stopping them and making them go back. It really isn't complicated.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

15th Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼