Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Not excusing them but I doubt they do much for the kids who vandalised the pitches. I doubt they go training tbphwy.
Well known fact- majority of kids actively involved in sports stay out of trouble

Vast majority of kids not involved in sports are missing out on so much
Social interaction- future connections- expectations etc
Some parents are just too bone idle lazy to bring/ support/help their kids to enjoy sports
But have no problem propping up a bar counter for hours weekly

Well known fact- majority of kids actively involved in sports stay out of trouble

Vast majority of kids not involved in sports are missing out on so much
Social interaction- future connections- expectations etc
Some parents are just too bone idle lazy to bring/ support/help their kids to enjoy sports
But have no problem propping up a bar counter for hours weekly

Repped.

Buying gear, trekking to training twice a week, matches. It's a big commitment for parents.

It's good upto a point, if its interfering with school work it should be dropped.

It’s no commitment it’s called love to make the effort for yours though isnit? I’m no hero but I gave all mine the opportunity to be involved in several sports It’s made them independent adults Grounded and sports has opened up great social contacts for some of them It’s a win /win No obese kids or grand children in my family As they’ve passed on the keep fit mantra to their kids

It’s no commitment it’s called love to make the effort for yours though isnit? I’m no hero but I gave all mine the opportunity to be involved in several sports It’s made them independent adults Grounded and sports has opened up great social contacts for some of them It’s a win /win No obese kids or grand children in my family As they’ve passed on the keep fit mantra to their kids

As I said grand as long as its not interfering with school work.

Who cares about kids 'making contacts' if they end up doing a shit leaving cert.

I love to wind them up but respect to all those who help kids participate in any sport..

It can be used as an incentive, knuckle down or no training or matches.

Those of us who didn't finish education see the importance of stressing this to them.

Anything extra curricular can go if their grades are suffering.

Sport is good of course for social skills and fitness but it's not more important than them doing well in school.

It’s another fact those involved in active sports generally do better in exams than those who don’t Also surveys done in several oz schools over the years found that kids partaking in TMS meditation all done better than those schools that didn’t Incidents of violence and misbehaving kids went down aswell So lots of factors Kids in sports have more cop on and are disciplined

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Karaoke Pride Party

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼