Cork city has gone to the dogs.

Unfortunately this has been going on for years and is experienced by clubs from Castleview to College Corinthians in Castletreasure.
It's the children who participate in sport and volunteers I feel sorry for.
Shocking stuff indeed. This is.the main photo .com the Echo article. Apologies to anyone of a.sensitive disposition. Gone to the doggies is right
1658611017863.png

I was in town at around 8pm last night, passing the library I saw a group of teens, average age of around 14 I'd say, looking the worse for wear, from drink presumably, some of the females among them had plastic mineral bottles with the labels pulled off them and which probably contained alcohol, it's not so much that they were a threat to anyone as much as the harm that they themselves could come to wandering around town at that age and in that state on a Saturday night.

I was in town at around 8pm last night, passing the library I saw a group of teens, average age of around 14 I'd say, looking the worse for wear, from drink presumably, some of the females among them had plastic mineral bottles with the labels pulled off them and which probably contained alcohol, it's not so much that they were a threat to anyone as much as the harm that they themselves could come to wandering around town at that age and in that state on a Saturday night.
I cannot believe that you witnessed this new and shocking behaviour.

I, for one, have never heard of teenagers engaging in such practices before...

You should have had a word with their parents in Noel's.

Next time you need to man up Rox m8 and make a few citizens arrests.

I cannot believe that you witnessed this new and shocking behaviour.

I, for one, have never heard of teenagers engaging in such practices before...

It's illegal to be drinking on the streets, and the legal age for drinking alcohol is 18.

If you don't see a problem with 14 year olds openly drinking in the city centre then that's your business.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼