Cork hurlings next manager

If at all possible the next management team has to have Pat Ryan and Wayne Sherlock involved. It was a joy to watch the 2 u20 All Ireland winning teams in action.

Those teams had a lot of what posters here have been wanting for Cork Hurling Teams. Strong half forwards with size, and plenty of hurling. (Colin O Brien, Sean Twomey, Brian Hayes).

Midfielders who worked like dogs. (Brian Roche, Sam Quirke, Darragh Flynn and Brian O Sullivan).

Full Forward Line who worked hard when not in possession. (Alan Connolly, Padraig Power, Jack Cahalane). Connolly especially is a lad who wouldn't have been renowned for his work rate, but worked very hard under Ryan's management and has carried that work rate to senior hurling.

I'm not saying the above players are the solution to Cork's problems, just highlighting the characteristics of a Pat Ryan, Wayne Sherlock side. I think they would be a great appointment and I believe we need a culture change in the setup. We need a manager who isn't afraid to whip off anyone when playing badly and drop them for poor performances. We can't have a situation where some lads know they'll be starting regardless of a poor performance, and this leads to complacency.

We really can't afford a bad appointment. These u20 teams will be hitting 22/23 next year, and another year wasted could ruin their potential. Look at Cody and Mullen for Kilkenny. Both young lads, but are established inter county stars and Mullen could very well be hurler of the year.

I'd like to thank Kieran for his dedication to Cork hurling and wish him all the best. He owes Cork Hurling nothing.
Are there previous Cork managers that owe Cork hurling something?

Would Ben O'Connor not bring a style we're trying to avoid? His father introduced the running game with Newtown and when Ben took over Charleville it was runners and handpassing off the shoulder. He brought them on a great amount and obviously won the county with Midleton but I see his style frustrating the fans. That being said if it brings rewards and results I don't care what style it is

Would Ben O'Connor not bring a style we're trying to avoid? His father introduced the running game with Newtown and when Ben took over Charleville it was runners and handpassing off the shoulder. He brought them on a great amount and obviously won the county with Midleton but I see his style frustrating the fans. That being said if it brings rewards and results I don't care what style it is
Are people not completely over thinking this?

We went down the rabbit hole of the short game and tried it to the point we know it doesn't work, but that was every bit as one dimensional as pucking 60m balls in on top of the forwards over and over because everyone knew what we would do with the sliotar and how to counteract it.

Every other county has realised that there was something to the short game idea though, because you can retain possession, work the small bit of space required, and get the points off from around the middle of the park. We don't need to abandon it 100% but we absolutely need to cut out the over reliance on it, and the over complication of it. Running off the shoulder and supporting the player in possession gives him an option for the short pass or the longer direct ball in front of the forwards and keeps the opposition guessing and moving, its all about variation and making the right choices at the right time in play which is the harder bit of it to get right. This is how Clare, Limerick, Galway etc are all playing the game, and KK to a slightly lesser extent

Mulcahy with a lovely interview in echo blaming "de local pundits" . The soap opera continues. Cork Hurling is a comedy show, forget results its the men who came before's fault and social media!

Myself and R & B would have managed that all ireland minor squad so far ahead of the rest they were.
I was told that if you get Furlong you wont have Hoggie

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 5:30pm

More events ▼