The Gaelic Football Thread

Based on the Chris Kelly case, I think a year long ban is appropriate for anybody not on the march day panel coming onto a field and assaulting a player.

Comparing a gouge to a punch would take you around in circles, but it's widely accepted that an eye gouge is beyond the pale. Even tinkers having a street fight seem to abide by that.

Based on the Chris Kelly case, I think a year long ban is appropriate for anybody not on the march day panel coming onto a field and assaulting a player.

Comparing a gouge to a punch would take you around in circles, but it's widely accepted that an eye gouge is beyond the pale. Even tinkers have a street fight seem to abide by that.
:) GAA need proper fair play men

So you are happy with a suspension based on injuries inflicted, Chris Kelly threw one punch and connected causing the damage, only for Tiernan Kelly being pulled away by another player, the damage could have been a lot worse. The intention to badly injure was there in both cases.
I am.
End result has to be taken into account even if intent is equal.
Comer will be able to play the semi final with Galway.
The mallow player would not have played championship 2 weeks after the incident with Kelly.

Extreme example here, but If two people with a gun go out to kill someone, both fire but one misses their target and one hits their target. Are they charged the same? No, one is murder but the other is attempted murder. Both receive a sentence but one is lesser as a result of outcome

We've ALL said gouging needs to be stamped out CS so let's not pretend that hasn't been the case.

But, whether you like it or not, trying to make an example out of one person in order that the GAA "society" at large mend its ways is not natural justice and neither is it likely to stand on appeal.

The guy, who has been vilified from pillar to post since, deserves a lengthy ban, but it's not as though he's a repeat gouging offender, so your trying to bring SF into this debate is as risible as it is illogical. But no surprise it attracted likes from the Tweedle Dummies. :cool:
No Soundy, I wasn't having a go at SF I was having a go at you, if you can't see that you were guilty of the very thing you were castigating Dan for, then there is no hope for you.

And if you want my opinion on both instances, I've no problem with a few lads administering justice to a drug dealer similarly I have no problem with the guy who clocked Kelly.

Also I never claimed you said eye gouging shouldn't be stamped out, I merely pointed out a way that might speed the whole thing up.

Now I will however make a claim, which is, you seem incapable of reading or understanding a post before you wade in with all guns blazing, if you disagree can you please point out where I claimed you said eye gouging was ok?

A complete joke, speaking from someone who has had their eyes gouged. It’s the most surreal experience, all of a sudden you can not see and panic sets in.
This scum bag gets to play next season for Armagh…
He should have to serve a full year ban from GAA games, no fucking about. Make this prick a poster boy of what consequences are. GAA are a bunch of clowns, the appeal process is shambolic and setting the wrong principles for kids looking at the game.

Fully agreed.

Zero consequence for an appalling act of filth on the pitch.

Watch them reduce it.

Typical GAA reaction- he will not miss one Armagh game. How can that be fair. GAA disciplinary system is the greatest joke in sport - this was Armaghs 3/4 such recent brawl but sure that doesn’t matter. Who are these gombeens on these committees.

Typical GAA reaction- he will not miss one Armagh game. How can that be fair. GAA disciplinary system is the greatest joke in sport - this was Armaghs 3/4 such recent brawl but sure that doesn’t matter. Who are these gombeens on these committees.
All the names of the members of the National Committees are here in this report:

im a ruthless manager win a win at all cost mentality what the Gaa did last night is give me permission to get someone on my extended panel to take out the opponents best player at half time. knowing that our lad will suffer little
The CCCC are cowards when it comes to serious sanctions
👍
Spot on.
GAA disciplinary systems have been a joke for a long time!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼