Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Shane O'Donnell and Peter Duggan were only there for a short period of all this S&C but it doesn't affect them missing out.

Tony Kelly was hurler of the year in 2013 without the Lohan input and I'm sure he'll attain the same award this year and he's no big strong man.

I'm sure the mighty Lohan addressed all aspects of Clare's play, he also improved Clare's discipline big time despite the controversy surrounding Hayes and Duggan in the Munster final.
Shane o donnell did massive work in the gym over the last 12 months. He is clearly a couple if kilos heavier than he was.
Duggan is a really big man naturally.

Regarding Tony Kelly, when is the last time you looked at him
He is 5.10 or 11 and as solid as a rock
He is very very powerful.

The discipline coincided with clare being able to hit hard and make it stick rather than having opponents power past tackles and leave off balance defenders grabbing at opponents

Think there's a bit of a knee jerk reaction here re: Sheedy. Nobody had even thought or mentioned him until he had a few words last night.

Lets just all calm down. Realistically it'll be one of Furlong / Mulcahy / Pat Ryan to take over and it looks like it's between Furlong and Mulcahy. If it was my choice I'd give it to Pat Ryan. I would also love to see Davy over the Cork hurlers but something about outsider management drives people mad for some reason.

You are pumping in a fair bit of it yourself
That's fair enough. However I'm well aware of what's bullshit or not. I chose to challenge that spaz Red and Blue because I enjoy it. Tough if you don't like it. You can always fuck off back to your inbred Clare forum.

However what I'm referring to is the horseshit that is being posted about Cork in the wake of this defeat by people 100% serious. They're not wumming or flame war posting, they genuinely believe the horseshit their posting.
All we're short is someone suggesting a return to ground hurling, again.

Sheedy was not pitching for the Cork job for fuck sake. People are genuinely reaching if they got that from his comments. Sheedy the ex Tipp manager, managing Cork.
🤣

It seems to me, from a distance, that more than anything Brian Lohan has brought belief to this Clare squad.
They trust him and believe in him and that is huge.

I don't think we have that in Cork at the moment and certainly did not have it after the Clare and Limerick games recently .

I think this is the main reason the next manager needs to be a new face.
If that face has already brought success then that makes his message easier to impart.

The most important thing sheedy said is things need to happen now, the cb need to know where Kingston feels as he is at least deserving of saying if he wants to stay on and then they decide quickly we’re we go and if it’s a change start that process quickly l, the last thing we need is for this to meander until October and a host of new players come into a squad starting from scratch and everyone associated with the current squad unsure of where they stand that includes conditioning coaches etc
Get the process started and finished quickly and efficiently and let the new management group look at the county championship and see what else is available AND outline to the squad who are staying on what is expected of them for the next few months

It seems to me, from a distance, that more than anything Brian Lohan has brought belief to this Clare squad.
They trust him and believe in him and that is huge.

I don't think we have that in Cork at the moment and certainly did not have it after the Clare and Limerick games recently .

I think this is the main reason the next manager needs to be a new face.
If that face has already brought success then that makes his message easier to impart.
Let's wait and see about clare, I'm not convinced. They have the same players that have continually failed over the last number of years. The media have taken to them after their darlings waterford were shown up. Not much between them and wexford.

People saying there's a new keeper needed. I go to a fair few games at club level in different grades, I can't name a keeper that I've seen who's better than Collins.
Hickey from glen is good but at 34 years of age that option has passed
Dalton is probably actually the only other one at that level

On another point loads saying Pat Ryan has to take over. Do ye realise that he may not want it, he's had his health issues and inter county management at senior level certainly wouldn't be a help to anyone's well being. The pressure and stress it brings isn't good I'd say. U20 is possible but senior is another level

There was a Glen keeper who had retired from intercounty hurling who then went on and won 3 All-Ireland's in the 1950s. 33/34 is not too old for a keeper imho.

Cramping has nothing to do with a lack of fitness
Are you fcuking serious?
TL;DR: "your cramp has nothing to do with preparation or fitness"
Even if this research is new, it's been a long long time since anyway with a modicum of sports physiology knowledge has thought cramping was due to a lack of fitness, yet still in 2022 you've still some flat-earthers saying after a match "So-and-so went down with cramp, he obviously isn't fit enough".

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elephant Sessions
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼