Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Kingston will go, the problem is Mr Mul and Mr Furlong will enter the hot seat as the incumbent members of the social club known as the Cork hurling Mgmt family. Don't be suprised if Mr Meyler pops up. No members of the current panel will depart even though some of them are clearly finished . But we have a cosy cartel and let's not upset the applecart.
Yes it’s becoming like the executive now where the vice chairman succeeds the chairman bit of a closed shop when the real hurling people are crying out for change

This Cork team over the last few years are just way too inconsistent
Harnedy & Lehane were great vs Waterford & Tipp but they were both very poor today.
The same could be said for alot more players too.

At least Kingston's time is up as this team was going nowhere.
The next managerial appointment is a big call by the County Board.

People saying there's a new keeper needed. I go to a fair few games at club level in different grades, I can't name a keeper that I've seen who's better than Collins.
Hickey from glen is good but at 34 years of age that option has passed
Dalton is probably actually the only other one at that level

On another point loads saying Pat Ryan has to take over. Do ye realise that he may not want it, he's had his health issues and inter county management at senior level certainly wouldn't be a help to anyone's well being. The pressure and stress it brings isn't good I'd say. U20 is possible but senior is another level

The last thing we need for next year is ‘continuity’ which will be the county boards reasoning behind naming furlong or mulcahy……it’s clear that this year was not good at all, loads of issues; selection, tactical, morale etc and there needs a total change in the management team which should then result in changes to the playing squad.Kingston has tried hard and has had plenty of time to win something but it hasn’t worked out, change needed and an overhaul of the squad alongside it

Surely as Cork fans, disappointment notwithstanding, we should commend the entire squad and management team for the year.

No doubt they all gave 100% and went into everything wanting to win, like most of us wanted them to win every game.

The politics of the CCB, who gets the job next, who should be cut from the panel, who might retire is a conversation for another time.

I simply don't understand the sniping.

Positive for today for me, DC at wing back seems to be his place, he did well and scored a monster point. Cadogan finally coming on and scoring.

Negatives don't matter as the Summer is over.
They do need to be addressed for the coming season. There have been many outstanding hurlers not to win a celtic cross - you'd hope Hoggie might stay on for another year but if he doesn't, what an absolute legend!!!

Surely as Cork fans, disappointment notwithstanding, we should commend the entire squad and management team for the year.

No doubt they all gave 100% and went into everything wanting to win, like most of us wanted them to win every game.

The politics of the CCB, who gets the job next, who should be cut from the panel, who might retire is a conversation for another time.

I simply don't understand the sniping.

Positive for today for me, DC at wing back seems to be his place, he did well and scored a monster point. Cadogan finally coming on and scoring.

Negatives don't matter as the Summer is over.
They do need to be addressed for the coming season. There have been many outstanding hurlers not to win a celtic cross - you'd hope Hoggie might stay on for another year but if he doesn't, what an absolute legend!!!
Yeah after the Waterford league final and Limerick opener I think we were all thinking it would be short train wreck of a summer ending in Munster so fair play to the lads for rallying and there are some bits to take from the year. That sunny afternoon in Walsh Park was one of the most satisfying days shouting for Cork in years.

Been at every game this year. Walsh park by far the sweetest victory in a long time.
We were in bonus territory after first 2 games.
On today. It was a day when shots didn’t hit de net or go over. Another day we would have 3 goals. Galway are poor. Limerick will beat them handy.
Joyce is a joy to watch. Connolly is a super player why he was taken off is mystifying. I said during week Hoggy to start & Kingston to come on.
Thanks to mgt for their service not an easy job & a thankless one.
Love to see Pat Ryan. Sherlock team up again.
With
Joyce. Connolly. O Connell. 2 Roches. Power. Barrett. O Leary. Twomey. To name a few.
The future is bright as long as the right mgt team are picked

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼