O cadhla

All these focking nutters trying to erase our city's history to suit their political views should be given short thrift.

UCC showed a bit of maturity in digging up the statue of Queen Victoria which used stand over the Quad. Its all part of Cork's history.

Anglesea Street , Albert Rd should remain as such and Victoria Cross. We've enough stuff named after RA fundamentalists.
Cork is more British than it is Irish.

All these focking nutters trying to erase our city's history to suit their political views should be given short thrift.

UCC showed a bit of maturity in digging up the statue of Queen Victoria which used stand over the Quad. Its all part of Cork's history.

Anglesea Street , Albert Rd should remain as such and Victoria Cross. We've enough stuff named after RA fundamentalists.
^On point.

IRA/SF decided not to mount a protest at the docking of the British Naval Ship as they see that it is not a populist move. This was decided at a meeting here in Cork late last month. Noel you might confirm or or otherwise this. Diarmuid was to be used to do the business to appease the members that their core principles of any British is bad. Not one word about the matter was voiced about the whole incident which says a lot.

The Irish to get over the chip on the shoulder regarding their British chums, I see one of the local so called comedians has a skit out on twitter droning on about the famine, just let it go m8s.

Stop dwelling on the past.

Time for Paddy to grow up.
Tadhg hickey i presume?

The Irish to get over the chip on the shoulder regarding their British chums, I see one of the local so called comedians has a skit out on twitter droning on about the famine, just let it go m8s.

In one of the watering holes of Cork a certain republican's ears are burning.

stuff like this are a tricky balancing act for sf, as recent as 3 years ago id say sf would have mounted a picket on the quay but if they did so now it would annoy some potential new voters, but at the same time many of their base would feel they should have protested,

The Paddy reference says it all.

Things are either right or wrong.
This notion that Ireland should not be allowed to remember her history , the atrocities perpetrated against her over centuries and the continued partition of her island is the epitome of the "I'm alright Jack" mentality of certain sections of Irish society.

But sure for here, that's unsurprising........

The Micks getting their knickers in a twist because a British ship docked in Cork Harbour.

Only a few years ago Grand Parade was decked out in Union Jacks for HM The Queen.

Rule Britannia.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fireside Folk

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼