O cadhla

Do tell. Don't dox yourself but can you give an insight into what you were trying to do and how it failed. Ta

BTW love him or loathe him, and I suspect the vast majority of people it's the latter, you can't deny his campaign to get rid of the Victorian Quarter nomenclature and revert to the use of McCurtain Street was ultimately successful by whatever means it was achieved.
How is his campaign to change the name Beaumont going

I don't want to bring back De Valera and as for Making Ireland Great Again, there's loads of ways of interpreting that. But I suspect in the context you might mean it, no not that either.

As for your potential vote preference that is very kind of you.

A long time ago, I tried to get to a place within a party and within a constituency where I would be considered for a ticket. I got to a national position with the party and had built a modest profile across various organisations in the city. However, I was advised that even trying to get through convention would be a non-starter and after that, life decisions meant I packed politics in altogether.
You know your stuff and are genuinely passionate about issues facing us and you can articulate concerns so you are clearly over qualified

Last edited:
I suspect you know how conventions work - that was my way of putting it - in other words it was made clear to me that I shouldn't do it in no uncertain terms. I'd have been proposed and seconded and had maybe 4 votes on top. These things get cut-throat - sitting TD's, party factions..........it's like a bloodsport.

As I said life decisions made continuing nearly impossible anyway.

If I had a proposer and seconder and a few votes I'd have gone for it to be honest. Fair enough not against a sitting TD. But screw party factions. They're no more entitled to their clique at convention than anybody else. That's the whole point behind a convention shur.

Agreed it can be like a bloodsport but you've got to be in it to win it if you had ambitions in that area. Seems like some party has lost out tbh.

Life can get in the way of plans right enough. Whatever about a missus, kids are definitely life changers.

No idea but apparently its not the first time it's happened. Yer one was locked to be fair, but that's still no excuse for it. Heather is losing her shit, I'd say he's done for this time. Eejit

In fairness to him, he was dead right that it was an abomonation to try relabel McCurtain Street and environs as the "Victorian Quarter". Thankfully the local traders eventually saw the error of their ways after his campaigning.

And I think he is campaigning for the retention of a local right of way near the deep water berth in Cobh as well, which on the surface seems to have merit.

Arrested for boarding a british naval vessel tied up in Cork? What are they going to charge him with - trespass?

Erra stop

That maniac was up Victoria cross defacing road signs.

He proved again how deranged he was with his anti vaxx looper stuff during lockdown.

Id hope you are wumming praising that total fruitcake.

He has left his fellow painters Tom o Connor and Anton Breathnach down badly. They have enough black paint to all the Beaumont signs. He for some reason stopped when he had all of the Victoria and Albert Street signs done. He has thrown them to the wolves. They put themselves out there and got convicted by Crown Forces. he let the lads down.

He has left his fellow painters Tom o Connor and Anton Breathnach down badly. They have enough black paint to all the Beaumont signs. He for some reason stopped when he had all of the Victoria and Albert Street signs done. He has thrown them to the wolves. They put themselves out there and got convicted by Crown Forces. he let the lads down.
Crown Paints?

O'Cadhla never came home man

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Mirrors and Iris -rock For Irish Cancer Society

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼