Transfer Window Thread

From a career standpoint I think it's a terrible move tbh.

Madrid are the absolute pinnacle of football, the daddies, the kings, the 13 times champions of all Europe (and hopefully 14 is on the way :) ) . Chance to go there and be a legend, or stay at PSG bullying farmers for a living.

No contest Imo.
La Liga have released a statement criticising the decision. Which is … strange.

How can a fella on a mill a week, be motivated to leave the comfort of his sofa?
Marvin Hagler had a great quote "it's hard to get up for 5 AM run when you're sleeping in silk pyjamas ". I get that, but then you see a guy like Ronaldo still motivated to be the best he can possibly be.

I think the real elite have an inbuilt motivation that us mere mortals just do not have and cannot comprehend. It goes way way beyond money.

Mbappe is a great player, I'd have him over Haaland every day of the week, but I'm disappointed in his decision to stay in Paris. How much fucking money do you need? Go play with a real club.

I'm sure he will be gutted when he reads this mind you.

Marvin Hagler had a great quote "it's hard to get up for 5 AM run when you're sleeping in silk pyjamas ". I get that, but then you see a guy like Ronaldo still motivated to be the best he can possibly be.

I think the real elite have an inbuilt motivation that us mere mortals just do not have and cannot comprehend. It goes way way beyond money.

Mbappe is a great player, I'd have him over Haaland every day of the week, but I'm disappointed in his decision to stay in Paris. How much fucking money do you need? Go play with a real club.

Ronnie's silk pyjamas seem to only apply to relegation fodder these days. He wouldn't get his game at city or Liverpool tbh

Spot on - he had the chance to play at the pantheon of the greats, or continue to hang out at the Arab circus. How the fuck could anyone choose the latter?

what a depressing decision for football :(

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼