Cork Footballers

Also, it would be ideal to get Meehan, O Mahony, and Powter back in defense and hopefully a fully fit O hanlon and Hayes to add to the half forward/midfield options. That set of players along with the core group that played in the league would give Cork a base to build from. In a perfect world the young players from the last two u 20 teams will develop and add to the above group over the next two years.

Roundyfield

A few points! Firstly I was referring to those who are stating he should be playing this year because he's not starting on the hurling team. I don't believe he was ever going to start as a regular on the hurling team by the end of March or this years championship bar injuries to others. He was always going to be a work in progress, the dogs on and the street knew that. I wasn't for his call up to the hurlers and expressed that view in many of my posts on this site. I had seen him playing as a Cork U-16 and last year's Club AI final.

Mark has all the look of an athlete but so had Sean Og O' hAilpin. As a footballer I saw Mark playing mid-field for Cork minors and he was good but faded. The year before he went to Aussie he played full-forward for Cork U-20's v Kerry in Tralee but didn't impress me as a class inter-county player even at that level. At senior level he took that goal in the Pairc very well as a sub late on.

I understand Mark himself stated he preferred playing hurling growing up and Ballygiblin's run to the AI final gave him that buzz again.

I know if I played both codes I'd rather be a sub involved with a team destined to win trophies at the highest level rather than starting on a team that winning Division 2 in a few years maybe their lot. It's a no brainer really!

So you are an advocate for a free transfer scheme where a player like C Joyce should leave his club and join Midleton where he would have a better chance of winning the senior championship.

'Further to correspondence from our Senior Football management, the Cork County Executive wishes, once more, to confirm Páirc Uí Rinn as our home venue for the Munster Senior Football Championship semi-final versus Kerry.'

Proper order too.

I doubt the Munster council will bother pushing given the hassle seen elsewhere with these things.

But in reality, this is a mess of our own making so we're not in a great position to make a "newbridge or nowhere" stand on it. The least the board owed the players was making that statement - an apology for the fuck up of not having PUC available would also be welcome.

How hard is it for a provincial council to fix a match for a neutral venue even if the original venue wasn't suitable? It's not as if there's a shortage of them in the province.

Honestly, from a PR point of view the GAA as a whole shooting itself in the foot again.

And moving the start time forwards because the new venue doesn't have lights. If you didn't laugh at the absurdity of it all you'd cry ...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

5th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼