Couple have great day out at Auschwitz

I’m glad I visited as atrocities seem to be forgotten as generations pass but it is still a bit surreal to think that humans could do such evil. Having been places through my professional life like Balkans previous atrocities have no bearing on the next generation unfortunately.

Dachau i actually found more harrowing really as that was the where the ideas of murder factories were spawned and the methods that would enable mass murder were given dry runs.
Did you ever visit Srebrenica in your Balkan days? Now that is fucking grim. No fanfare, no visitors centre, nothing. The blood is barely dry beneath your feet

Not there but spent time in Balkans, Srebernica obviously the worst by a long stretch but multiple atrocities there literally everywhere forgotten about.

That whole region is littered with these places. Lovely spot though, I have spent a lot of time in the Balkans too. Might see you for a quart in the Three Carrots in Belgrade some time ;)

They are having a good time visiting the camp, sure it is no longer a death camp it is open to tourists and tourists will enjoy themselves wherever they find themselves.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼