Couple have great day out at Auschwitz

Most overrated Polish City IMO. Ruined by tourists and stags.

The convenient thing about Poland is that because most of the cities were flattened during WW2 and subsequently rebuilt, they all look identical.

Gdansk and Wroclaw would be my favorites, and without the nonsense that comes with Krakow.
Indeed wasn't great, wroclaw is a great spot id go again.

Anyone visited the S-21 Khymer Rouge prison in Cambodia? The vibe in that place is so unsettling. You can feel the evil coming off the walls. There is a room there with some skulls that were exhumed from the garden in it. There was one tiny skull in a glass box that was of a 4 year old child killed in 1978. Same age as myself. The fact that this stuff happened in my lifetime brings it home a lot more.

Anyone visited the S-21 Khymer Rouge prison in Cambodia? The vibe in that place is so unsettling. You can feel the evil coming off the walls. There is a room there with some skulls that were exhumed from the garden in it. There was one tiny skull in a glass box that was of a 4 year old child killed in 1978. Same age as myself. The fact that this stuff happened in my lifetime brings it home a lot more.

Intended to visit when I was there but went to the Killing Fields first and that was plenty for me. The KR were vicious bastards.

One of my brothers visited there recently and the photos he took were enough for me. Jesus it was horrific stuff altogether (and no, he wasn't doing selfies there or anything!)

The pictures on the walls are harrowing and you can still see a few remnants of clothing embedded in the earth where the massacre took place.

I was in Oradour-sur-Glane in the Aquitaine region of France going back 24 years ago. There are still ruins of buildings, vehicles, when the Waffen SS steamrolled through the place. Locals were massacred and in one incident, women and children were locked in a church and explosives set off beside it. When they tried to escape, they were machine gunned. Absolutely horrific and even as a 13 year old, could feel the sorrow and tragedy of the place. Atmosphere was so sad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Andy Dunne

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼