Cyclists

The cheek of him with the finger
He/She was wearing a blue rucksack. Last week about 8:15ish. If that was you then carry on cycling in such a fashion - as the saying goes "hell ain't half full" and you won't always be so lucky as to have done it to someone whose experienced such reckless and potentially lethal (for themselves) cycling.

I drove up Horgans quay yesterday morning before 8am, A cyclist who was in the cycle lane suddenly cut out
onto the main flow of traffic, He didnt even glance over his shoulder, If i was going faster i could have blown him off his bike and damaged my car,

I drove up Horgans quay yesterday morning before 8am, A cyclist who was in the cycle lane suddenly cut out
onto the main flow of traffic, He didnt even glance over his shoulder, If i was going faster i could have blown him off his bike and damaged my car,

"But cyclists are just as entitled to be on the road as any motorist" :rolleyes:

If a motorist had driven in such a fashion as to recklessly endanger himself and other road-users he could be reported and warned to mend his ways. The anonymity that the cyclists insist on ensures they're never brought to book for such dangerous cycling. And then if anything happens to cyclists it's always spun as being the fault of those nasty motorists sitting in their big lumps of metal.

TLDR
What did she have to say? Was it big-bad-motorist ignoring the rules of the rode making life impossible for sweet and innocent cyclists who always stick rigidly to safe practices on the road by any chance?

I narrowly missed a cyclist again the other day only because I'd experience of their complete lack of lane-discipline at the George's Quay/Sullivan's Quay/Parliament Bridge junction. I in left hand lane going straight on had this utter clown peddle furiously and undertake me on the left only to cut across me to access the cyclepath that goes up Sullivans Quay - I was going straight on at the junction but they assumed incorrectly that I was turning right. The f**king moron gave me the finger when I hit the horn. Some day I mightn't be able to stop on time after such a crazy cyclist manoeuvre. Honky, have a word with your peeps ;)
He undertook you on the left and continued on the left up Sullivan's Quay? I'm not sure if you're aware but there's a cycle lane from in front of Filter coffee shop that then goes up Sullivan's Quay.. Any chance you were driving in the cycle lane?

I'm not sure if you are aware that as you go up (heading west) George's Quay there is a cycle lane on the extreme left, and two lanes for traffic. From the left hand traffic lane at the junction you can turn left into Mary Street, straight ahead into Sullivan's Quay (the route I was taking), or right onto Parliament Bridge. The lane in Sullivan's Quay that they entered was on the right hand side of the road as you're heading west.

Basically they came at speed from my left hand side, crossed in front of my bonnet, all to get into a position on the right hand side - thought there was a cycle lane there and that's why they did it but no, their cycle lane continues up Sullivans Quay and they could and should have stayed in it. It was a dangerous and reckless manoeuvre that any right thinking person would condemn.

But of course the usual cycle nutters want to find fault with what I did by sounding my horn. Why on earth is it behaving like a thug to sound your horn? Should car manufacturors the world over be informed to remove car horns because some cyclists find them to be thuggish?

Easy to see some cyclists don't even understand the rules of the road, let alone adhere to them.

Last edited:
There's a special place in hell for those c*nts who cycle 2&3 abreast on narrow country roads at the weekends.
Friends of mine were going to Kinsale on Sunday morning. They said that there were scores of cyclists on the road more than 3 abreast and knowing rightly they were causing traffic build up behind them. But they just didn't care.

In fairness I was coming back from Roberts Cove the other day and three cyclists who had been abreast pulled in to single file to allow me and another motorist past but they seem to be the exception rather than the rule these days with the weekend mamils

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Dr Dec and The Side Effects

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼