Cyclists

Was in town yesterday for a couple of hours.

I counted 5 bikes in the many miles of cycle lanes. A complete waste of time driven by Green councillors
no not really. i use the cycle lanes regularly and they are being used

not a waste of time by any means.. they are there to keep cyclists safe and encourage a healthier way of travel. some times they are not being used but of course we cant just put them down when we need them.. from what i can see is that more and more people will be cycling in the future( especially with electric bikes becoming so affordable). cycle lanes make a wonderful addition to every city...
A healthier way of travel?
If you mean getting repeated drenchings and sitting around in soaking clothes “healthy” while breathing in noxious fumes from buses trucks and taxis in the cycle lanes than maybe you have a point.
People who can afford cars and gym memberships are healthier.
But if, as you say, “affordability,” is a priority then knock yourself out.
😃

A healthier way of travel?
If you mean getting repeated drenchings and sitting around in soaking clothes “healthy” while breathing in noxious fumes from buses trucks and taxis in the cycle lanes than maybe you have a point.
People who can afford cars and gym memberships are healthier.
But if, as you say, “affordability,” is a priority then knock yourself out.
😃
oh dear, not worth a reply really but more fool me like, you can actually combine both, you can be both a motorist and a cyclist.

I told a cyclist who rang his bell at me on the footpath not to be ringing his bell at me, he told me "keep walking or you'll be picking up your teeth with broken fingers"

Lovely chap lol.
He wouldn't have been so "brave" if he had an identification mark (like a bike registration number painted on bicycles). If a motorist had behaved in that manner to another road-user he'd very likely be reported, and easily identified with a registration plate.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼