Cork Footballers

Forgot to mention Brian Murphy, Brian Hayes and Paul Walsh...
WCG please god its not the cruciate for Gore we are cursed with all the injurys ...it neaver seems to end .

Remarkable that the only Clon player who will tog with cork this year is grimes, pity really plenty of talent between white, Clancy, shanley, lowney, o’donovan, white……considering the Barrs will only add maguire, Ryan and Sherlock, only one of whom is a guaranteed starter and the injuries to o’hanlon and o’mahoney we are looking at the bulk of todays panel to get us through division 2…..tough ask

Remarkable that the only Clon player who will tog with cork this year is grimes, pity really plenty of talent between white, Clancy, shanley, lowney, o’donovan, white……considering the Barrs will only add maguire, Ryan and Sherlock, only one of whom is a guaranteed starter and the injuries to o’hanlon and o’mahoney we are looking at the bulk of todays panel to get us through division 2…..tough ask
Good point re the Clon players amazing the only player they have with Cork is there Kerry player ....the rest wanted a break according to Ricken , i presume Grimes was tired too after the club campaign.

Surely Brian Hayes will also be given an opportunity also

Surely Brian Hayes will also be given an opportunity also
And Ryan is iffy from what I understand. Amazing how the team I would pick from the county differs from the actual panel:

Mark white

Sean Powter Thomas Clancy billy hennessy

Kevin odonovan Sean Meehan Kevin Crowley

Ian Maguire Joe Grimes

Forwards: I’d have 2 defensive wing forwards:

Matty Taylor Cian Kiely

Mark Collins

Mark Cronin

Brian Hurley Chris Óg Jones

Subs:
Paul Kerrigan for last 20
Rory Maguire
Dan o mahony
Brian Hartnett
Michael Hurley
Stephen Sherlock
Alan o donovan
Brian o driscoll
Sam Ryan
Blake Murphy
Micheal Martin

Rest of lads as development players. Luke Connolly’s the most gifted player in the county but need to see some grit from him, if he shows it he’s number 11 on my team and I push Mark Cronin inside and use Chris Óg Jones’ pace off the bench.

Last edited:
Daniel O Mahony,Sean and Mark white are not with the panel.Liam O Donovan is gone for the year and from what I heard today at the game Cathail O Mahony may also miss most of the year.Maurice Shanely is not up two it.Stephen Sherlock is miles two slow for intercounty Football.We have a very poor panel im afraid and we cud be heading for Division
...1?

Good point re the Clon players amazing the only player they have with Cork is there Kerry player ....the rest wanted a break according to Ricken , i presume Grimes was tired too after the club campaign.
Afaik all the relevant Clonakilty players, including Clancy, were asked in, all bar Grimes said no thanks, for which he desrves massive credit imo. Obviously O'Donovan & Shanley would be in atm but for injury.

Sad to see players with loads to offer not opt in, I cant ever remember it happening on such a scale before - each to their own obviously and best of luck to them - I think the damage done over the last couple of years was seriously underestimated by all.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼