Woman murdered in Tullamore..

I'm not seeing any misogyny to challenge. Ciara Kelly said today that she'd never go for a walk in the woods because it's not safe because of men, this is full on hysteria. I never see women getting hassled in public, either in the city or in the countryside. I don't go near town at night so maybe that's a different story tbf.
Major hysteria aside, Ciara Kelly won’t go for a walk in the woods because of the very low percentage chance there is a psychopath lurking. We could change 99% of the men in this country to be all well to do gentlemen but it will not stop the 1% from being psychopaths. Such is life.

Sadly, that 99% could all be what all women want us to be but it wouldn’t have stopped that murderer from doing what he did on Thursday. There is no way to stop this low percentage sick behaviour.

This is why we tell our mothers, wives, sisters and daughters to not walk alone in certain environments. We try protect them. It’s not to belittle them. To be honest we tell male family members do the same but maybe to a lesser extent alright. The guy who murdered Ashling Murphy was a coward who preyed on someone weaker than him. There are a low percentage of other such cowards exist in society sadly and we don’t get to find them until it’s too late for some family. But there is no sure way to avoid these type crimes so I am not sure the social media campaign against men is going to do anything other than make martyrs of people looking to be made martyrs.

If you are already challenging misogyny like a decent human being would then it shouldn't be such a big deal for someone to suggest it on twitter...
But why should decent people have to take lectures from some self appointed virtue signaller on something they already do and take for granted?

Should we be lectured on never beating up little old ladies and robbing their handbags, or never keying cars, or never shop lifting, or never assaulting random strangers?

And if we should, what happens if for some reason we don't get the lecture from the virtue signaller?

Society relies on general decency at all levels. Decency learnt at home and with peers. A set of values. Unfortunately there are aberrations and there are some absolute c*nts out there who do absolutely c*ntish things. And society should throw the book at them. But if some tall ginger haired man with blue eyes commits a murder lets not try blame all males, all tall people, all ginges, and all those with blue eyes FFS

If you are all good caring men the notion of calling out misogyny shouldn't seem like such a tough ask.

"Oh no, someone on twitter is suggesting that we act like decent human beings, how dare he"
Is misogyny not a bit strong for what might be perceived as bad behaviour.

Whatever reasons men might have, getting a laugh, to annoy the woman in question, etc for catcalling or what have you I don't think hating/disliking women is one of them for most men. If your man or anyone else wants a solution perhaps they should call it simply bad behaviour and explain women find it uncomfortable (in fairness you are going down this path) rather than going all hyperbolic with such terms as misogyny which leaves him with credibility issues and open to ridicule.

Is misogyny not a bit strong for what might be perceived as bad behaviour.

Whatever reasons men might have, getting a laugh, to annoy the woman in question, etc for catcalling or what have you I don't think hating/disliking women is one of them for most men. If your man or anyone else wants a solution perhaps they should call it simply bad behaviour and explain women find it uncomfortable (in fairness you are going down this path) rather than going all hyperbolic with such terms as misogyny which leaves him with credibility issues and open to ridicule.
I think that any man who thinks it ok to catcall or harass a women certainly couldn't be described as liking women.

I think describing it as " bad behaviour " minimises it tbh.

To go back to this guys who shouted at my niece, I think you would have to have a certain degree of hatred towards women to want to frighten and humiliate a child like that.

But why should decent people have to take lectures from some self appointed virtue signaller on something they already do and take for granted?

Should we be lectured on never beating up little old ladies and robbing their handbags, or never keying cars, or never shop lifting, or never assaulting random strangers?

And if we should, what happens if for some reason we don't get the lecture from the virtue signaller?

Society relies on general decency at all levels. Decency learnt at home and with peers. A set of values. Unfortunately there are aberrations and there are some absolute c*nts out there who do absolutely c*ntish things. And society should throw the book at them. But if some tall ginger haired man with blue eyes commits a murder lets not try blame all males, all tall people, all ginges, and all those with blue eyes FFS
So you are already challenging misogyny when you see it? Fantastic. Can you give some examples of you doing that?

But if you did, you would challenge it?
I'd challenge anyone (irrespective of gender) getting hassled in public unless from their demeanour I thought they deserved it. I recall stopping a fight on a street in Cork City where a girl was being held by the hair and having her head and upper body kicked.

It was by another woman btw.

And when the gardai eventually arrived, half an hour later, and the bloodied victim (who knew her attacker) said she didn't want to press charges I said I would. Whereupon the famale garda (they don't like being called Ban Garda apparently) said I could but she would advised me against it as the woman in question was from a known dangerous family.

Now the violence (that I broke up) and effective cover up there was by women. Not by any male.

There’s a picture of the alleged suspect on a bike floating around. There is also a bit of info with photo. If there’s any truth in it then it’s fair to say this thread is going to reach 1,000 pages by Sunday night.

There’s a picture of the alleged suspect on a bike floating around. There is also a bit of info with photo. If there’s any truth in it then it’s fair to say this thread is going to reach 1,000 pages by Sunday night.
Hopefully, for Matlock's sake, it was a white male, 20-40. Then she can continue to derail a thread about some poor young girl being murdered

Seriously Soundy they were standing at the other side of the canal, I'd imagine any description was pretty vague i.e male, dark hair tall/ small, and certainly not blue eyes with a distinctive scar under his left eye.
Just how wide do you think the Grand Canal actually is? It's only about 50 feet across at that point. This was in broad daylight and they were across from the incident and clearly saw the perpetrator before he saw them. Their description could pretty quickly rule in/out the boyfriend (if there even was one). Hair colouring, approximate age, height, and clothes being worn would give the gardai a very good indication of people who could be ruled out quickly.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼