Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I know it’s pre season and a nothing game but that is a very strange team. Joyce at wing forward and O’Flynn in the corner make no sense to me.
Strange team overall but reflects Cork selectors throughout the years.

Regarding James O'Flynn he just had to get game time and his natural game is playing as a defensive wing-back. However Cork have played an attacking wing-back Niall O'Leary at corner-back for the last few years so I've no problem with playing James in the corner.

It appears Cork management may have considered Tommy O'Connell as their first choice centre-back during the league and being aware that the team badly needs a ball winner in the half-forward line it makes sense to try Ciaran Joyce and later Mark Keane in the half-forward line.

What makes no sense to me is playing Damien Cahalane centre-back and still using Luke Meade as a third mid-fielder as we all know he's not related to corner-forward. Also it's a long year for Harnedy and Hoggy, one would think they'd be rested in January.

Kingston loves to move fellas from positions where they've excelled at underage/with their clubs and turn them into a defender/forward and vice versa. Eg. Tim O'Mahony.

To
Strange team overall but reflects Cork selectors throughout the years.

Regarding James O'Flynn he just had to get game time and his natural game is playing as a defensive wing-back. However Cork have played an attacking wing-back Niall O'Leary at corner-back for the last few years so I've no problem with playing James in the corner.

It appears Cork management may have considered Tommy O'Connell as their first choice centre-back during the league and being aware that the team badly needs a ball winner in the half-forward line it makes sense to try Ciaran Joyce and later Mark Keane in the half-forward line.

What makes no sense to me is playing Damien Cahalane centre-back and still using Luke Meade as a third mid-fielder as we all know he's not related to corner-forward. Also it's a long year for Harnedy and Hoggy, one would think they'd be rested in January.
Tommy O’Connell is too small for no.6. Can play a role this year but more likely at midfield or in the forward line I would have thought. It’s surely Joyce all the way at CB

January and Mr Kingston has begun his annual Musical chairs . How many of that named 15 between now and 1st round of championship will have played at least 3 different positions. Complete madness.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Son Of Crazy Chester

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼