An extra bank holiday

Sounds great, more time off can only be a good thing.. people work enough

Just don't give it to me in fucking winter like. The October one is the worst of the year. And don't make it a fixed date. I want it on a Monday or a Friday. Make Good Friday a bank holiday and we could take a mini holiday over Easter.
We don't have a Bank holiday in February, July, September and November. Of those I'd prefer July or second choice September.

Just don't give it to me in fucking winter like. The October one is the worst of the year. And don't make it a fixed date. I want it on a Monday or a Friday. Make Good Friday a bank holiday and we could take a mini holiday over Easter.
We don't have a Bank holiday in February, July, September and November. Of those I'd prefer July or second choice September.

I’m not remotely religious but we make Good Friday a bank holiday every year.. any excuse!

July for me too 👍

I work most bank holidays so doesn’t bother me really. However I would get an extra days paid annual leave :)

July would be a grand month for it however.

🤔
Good Friday used to be a holiday. Banks, offices, supermarkets, pubs and most small shops all closed.
When I worked in the financial service sector in Cork, Good Friday was always a day off.
What's the story now?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼