An extra bank holiday

As some sort of a thank you to us essential workers who worked away during the pandemic.

So lets look at the majority of those workers.

Healthcare.....they don't get Bank holidays off.
Retail Workers....Neither do they and I am referring here most especially to supermarket and convenience stores.

Who will pay for this day off ?

Us employers that's who.

As some sort of a thank you to us essential workers who worked away during the pandemic.

Retail Workers....Neither do they and I am referring here most especially to supermarket and convenience stores.

Us employers that's who

Cheers m8.

Us employers that's who.

Speaking as an employer myself and on behalf of my fellow business leaders in Cork I say we will resist any moves to give workers more time off, they have too much rights as it is.

It's damn near impossible to sack anyone nowadays.

Speaking as an employer myself and on behalf of my fellow business leaders in Cork I say we will resist any moves to give workers more time off, they have too much rights as it is.

It's damn near impossible to sack anyone nowadays.

Don’t you run the loft?
I suppose you need people to clean up afterwards.

An extra bank holiday looks certain
Now, possible dates feb 1st, late November to correspond with Thanksgiving day, somebody on radio suggested 12th July
In preparation for a United Ireland, speaking of which should we start a thread on this?
July bank holiday sounds good. First Monday of the month.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

4th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼