The Old College Bar.

Used to enjoy a pint of Bavaria over a game of pool in the Old Bar.

If my memory serves me right they did cans of Dutch Gold there for a while too.

On the subject of sandwiches and rolls, the Campus Kitchen was my favorite spot. They had stopped doing food there when I went back to do my masters, and I never really found another spot that I liked. Cafe Elements does a good panini but it was all weird shite like aubergine and feta cheese. All I want is a ham and cheese panini like. Maybe a crescent of crisps on the side.

Pool in the old bar?
When was this?
I remember Street Fighter but no pool.

You do know it's been closed since 1916 when it was bombed by the british.
Ive heard they were selling pieces of the old floor but apparently they sold out very quickly.

Pool in the old bar?
When was this?
I remember Street Fighter but no pool.

You do know it's been closed since 1916 when it was bombed by the british.
Ive heard they were selling pieces of the old floor but apparently they sold out very quickly.

The pool table was in the room on the left when you came up the stairs

Used to enjoy a pint of Bavaria over a game of pool in the Old Bar.

If my memory serves me right they did cans of Dutch Gold there for a while too.

On the subject of sandwiches and rolls, the Campus Kitchen was my favorite spot. They had stopped doing food there when I went back to do my masters, and I never really found another spot that I liked. Cafe Elements does a good panini but it was all weird shite like aubergine and feta cheese. All I want is a ham and cheese panini like. Maybe a crescent of crisps on the side.

+1 on campus kitchen, really nice sandwiches.
Is cafe elements the Kane building cafe downstairs? It wasn’t called that when I was there.

The new bar did savage (but very heavy) chips and gravy, good soakage for a night out.

+1 on campus kitchen, really nice sandwiches.
Is cafe elements the Kane building cafe downstairs? It wasn’t called that when I was there.

The new bar did savage (but very heavy) chips and gravy, good soakage for a night out.

Yep, Elements is in the Kane building on the right hand side coming from the Campus direction. I was up there a few weeks ago for a look, that new student centre looks very impressive. Some improvement on the Windle Building, which should have been knocked years ago.

Food in the new bar was always solid, you'd get a nice chicken curry and a pizza for no money. They also had a loyalty card for pints, every 4th pint free. Proper student bar.

It was nice the staff never changed, it was always the same familiar faces plus the odd student.

Has now been transformed into The Calm Zone.

The Calm Zone has been designed using universal design and autism-friendly principles and is currently being featured as an example of autism-friendly design in the prestigious 2021 Venice Architecture Biennale.

A dedicated space of respite and calm for students, the Calm Zone is laid out across two levels with each aspect of the space considered to maximise autism-friendliness and designed to global design guidelines for built environments to be used by individuals with autism.

Im sure it's great for those students on the spectrum but I feel sorry for modern day students. It just feels like the experience of being a student is being further sanitised on a yearly basis.

Do they not still have the New Bar, afaik they are just utilising the building where the old bar used to be.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼