15. John Hayes Carbery Rangers

Subs:
16. Ken O’Halloran Bishopstown
17. Colin Lyons St. Finbarr’s
18. Sean Murphy Ballydesmond
19. Micheál Ó Laoire Naomh Abán
20. Kevin Crowley Millstreet
21. Killian O’Connor Mallow

This will be manager Brian Cuthbert's first competitive game at the helm, and while there are a number of new faces named in the squad, most have played football for Cork at some level. Of the starting fifteen, Eoin Cadogan, Aidan Walsh, Daniel Goulding, Donncha O'Connor and John Hayes played in the 2010 All-Ireland Final, while Fintan Goold was also involved that year.

I don't know much about Ryan Price, Alan Sheehan, Colin Lyons and Sean Murphy.I have to say Cubby is off to a great start with me anyway bringing Noel Galvin back into the panel.I hope he get's a fair crack at it and im a man with no affiliations with Ballincollig btw.So it's nothing to do with club bias.;) If Colm O'Driscoll is the fella im thinking of then himself and Butcher could emerge as serious half forward options for us.I hope Fintan Gould can nail down one of the midfield slots and that's a very experienced full forward line.I think giving John Hayes another chance is a great move.All in all i expect us to be in the last 4 come August and sure we'll see what happens then.There's no truly outstanding team out there the achievements of Dublin notwithstanding.

Galvin deserves his chance. Another player who was never given and would never be given a chance under previous mgt.

Correct, a fine player and definate potential corner back IF he gets game time. Lots of players involved with colleges so hard to get a feel for the real panel and a couple of u21s there also.
Good marker with the dual players togged out for this -hopefully a marker laid down for priorities in 2014, we'll see.

From Boards.ie.

thinkstoomuch1: Team picked pretty strong,bar a few weak aeras.
Great to see Noel Galvin get a run,a very good,tough defender.
Gould at midfield,and Mark Sugrue is postitve.I just pray to Jesus Sugrue is not called up by JBM,for the Hurling now ,as we don't need another dual star.
John Mcloughlin ,is not intercounty,you would have hoped they would have learned from he's games last year and in the league against kerry.Even 6 weeks ago ,for Kanturk against Glanworth in Mallow he was exposed time and again for lack of pace.

Andrew the Butcher O Sullivan had enough games last year and failed to impress.He is not at this level.Sheehan at centre back,I worry for.Sunday should tell us a bit more.
What is good to see and credit the management for bringing Kevin Crowley in as a sub,and Michael O Laoire who wasnt in the panel named.
O laoire is a fine footballer.
John hayes,expect him to get four or five points,these games he thrives,but shouldnt be on the panel as in Championship he is not tough enough for it.

An interesting sub player is Killan O Connor Mallow,a dual minor this year,a big strong, u21 the next 3 years.
Be interesting to watch him,plays at centre forward.Highly unlikey to make the cut with so many other top foqwards ahead of him.
You would wonder was it a token jesture,two mallow lads there to draw the locals but in fairness this lad can play and score.Very good in both games against kerry this year.Loughrey wears the Mallow jersey and automatic choice,but is not home grown ,so Killian is the ist mallow man to wear the red since Cian O Riordain back in 2008 I think when he was great against kerry under lights in pairc u rinn.

Cathal vaughan got four points against east kerry the weekend in the duahallow cup,but is involved with them and so I would say that is why he is not involved sunday.

A good strong team named overall.The next goal is to see cork aim to kick more.I wouldn't be too bothered if we had a lot of sloppy passes Sunday,as long as the attitude is to kick first we can improve on the rest.

Application may not and understandably so be perfect,but we must see desire,and intent to move the ball in to space and at pace on Sunday.That would bring a tear to my eye,as we have not done that in years.
That would do for Sunday.
As the games wear on,we can and should expect to see progress.

No idea what LIT will field,but Cork should be winning this well,and everyone gets a run.Anything less or if we see slow,lateral laboured handpassing will be a major dissapointment.

Cant wait for 2pm Sunday.

A very happy and safe 2014 to all .

Was centrally involved along with the new coach in the worst performing cork team since 2005 this year, very handy for fellas to blame conor and peadar as if they formed some sort of dictatorship, when this was far from the case.
Cuthbert has proved nothing at any level that he has the where withall to improve things. He has already surrendered on the dual issue with at least 2 more footballers close to declaring for the hurlers.
We'll see but a tough few years of 'transition' ahead, which as we know with cork football teams couldbe anything from 10-20 years. But frank will keep him in the job for as long as he wants

Fair enough but no matter how you call it the first half performance in Killarney was surely the low point of Conor's time in charge. The treatment of Cahalane was shocking followed by refusal to bring on Sheehan til it was too late. Mad stuff.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

16th Jun 2024 @ 5:30 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼