Cyclists

Actually, the helmet caused all my problems.

I fell backwards off the bike and hit the ground on my back - the helmet caused my neck to be pushed upwards in a violent jerk.

I was lucky I wasn't made a paraplegic.

That was the end of my wheelie-to-impress-a-girl days.

So it was your massive over-inflated ego that caused the bother in the first place.

:D

We used to use a skipping rope as a whip when we'd be playing gladiators.
Combined with a dustbin-lid shield it was a pretty lethal weapon.
Not quite up there with the potato-peeler spear but you could still do damage.

Are you mental - you'd break someone's nose with the handle!

always amuses me that these anti-cyclists never put the simplest 2 and 2 together, in that if every cyclist got into their car, driving times would instantly increase due to the additional traffic.. busses, trains, luas etc would all become busier

we are the selfless lads, willing to put ourselves out there at the mercy of those dickheads and the weather.. they should be indebted to us :p

Of course the proper solution in this case would be to get out of their car and get on a motorbike. Then everyone gets their faster, and have more fun on their daily commute too.

No, cars are far, far, far more lethal than bicycles.

There may be a couple of deaths a decade in the UK from cyclists hitting people/cars.

Cars kill thousands a year.

Its like saying that the regulation of guns and skipping ropes should be the same. They're in no way equivalent from the point of view of dangers to others.

The point on cycle knowledge, making all that stuff compulsory would significantly reduce cycling rates. Cycling saves way more lives through improved fitness than die in accidents.

So putting those barriers in the way of cyclists might reduce a small number of serious accidents (as the vast majority are not caused by cyclists) but due to poorer health in the general population as a whole arising from lower cycling rates, the net result would almost certainly be more premature deaths and higher diabetes and obesity rates. Would also increase driven miles, which increases the number of accidents.

Compulsion has a cost. A significantly cost.

So we keep the status quo where 20% of cyclists cause accidents with innocent drivers paying the price through increased insurance premiums. This is like communism with some being more equal then others

Bunch of Hells angels more like! :D

poulterrrrr630.jpg

I start work early (off today :)) and the amount of people wearing dark clothes cycling and walking is scary. At 7 in the morning, people won't feckin see you, even in town where street lights working is fairly hit and miss. Walking across 3 and 4 lines if traffic or on the side of a narrow road although there is a path on the opposite side is insane. Red lights do actually mean stop.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

4th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼