Cyclists

Cyclists should also be forced to wear some kind of identification symbol.

This ought to do the trick.

Holocaust_Yellow_Badge.jpg

True but most stats anywhere will give a similar summary. Cyclists seldom at fault.

Rutty I hope you've finished finally given up.Pwned left right and centre.
A third is seldom? Whilst my experience disagrees with that stat, I would suggest a third is still a bloody large amount.
I actually don't have a problem with cyclist insurance. Not in a stick-shaking sense anyway as seems to be the old fogie attitude towards cyclists.
Then why the argument?

Stats?

More than likely busy with piss heads who got into a fight. That's a more likely situation really.
neither of these take up much of my workload

Then why the argument?

What's the argument? I'm not the one complaining about drivers. Seems to me that most people's problems with cyclists is they occasionally have to pass them on the road or they tend to go through red lights. I can't remember the last time slowing down for a cyclist has majorly inconvenienced me and can't remember the last time I was actually bothered by someone breaking a red light. It's like being bothered by someone jaywalking. It's saaaaad.

True but most stats anywhere will give a similar summary. Cyclists seldom at fault.

Rutty I hope you've finished finally given up.Pwned left right and centre.
Is that what happened?

Still defensive I see, I've said several times I've no problem with cyclists and that there are good and bad ones just as there are good and bad drivers.

I think saying 20% of all accidents involving cyclists is their fault but that's somehow seldom and of no consequence is pretty deluded tbh. That little gem really put me in my place

16 sounds reasonable, until then, use the footpath with priority for pedestrians or dedicated cycle lanesyes they would, no problem with that
1. Wrong.
2. A registration plate would have made a difference in tracing the cyclist.

What about compulsory high vis, lights and helmets? You're very quiet on that. And why do you think some pre-emptive safety education is so bad? You've gone quiet on that too
no.

As for your point to Rutty, 20% I think was quoted earlier.

I would love to know, what the exact argument against cyclist insurance is, as opposed to the bluff being peddled here "I'm against it, be damned if I'm going to explain why"

Nobody has a problem with safety kit and training. It's making them compulsory is the problem

Lets do a test case here today so-

1 - has anyone here ever been in a motor accident a cyclist caused?

2 - Lets widen the net then, does anyone here know somebody who has been in a motor accident a cyclist caused?

3 - has anyone here ever been in a motor accident caused by a driver?

4 - does anyone here know somebody who has been in a motor accident a driver caused?

Ill kick off

1 - No

2 - No

3 - Yes

4 - Yes, multiple examples

What's the argument? I'm not the one complaining about drivers. Seems to me that most people's problems with cyclists is they occasionally have to pass them on the road or they tend to go through red lights. I can't remember the last time slowing down for a cyclist has majorly inconvenienced me and can't remember the last time I was actually bothered by someone breaking a red light. It's like being bothered by someone jaywalking. It's saaaaad.

To be fair, I have a lot of time for cyclists as a whole and think more should be done in terms of infrastructure, but they should also be forced to help themselves, safety gear, obeying signals at junctions, insurance, understanding what large.vehicles can and can't see, etc. Unlike others, I see the direct consequences of what happens when these small things are ignored.

Thats about the long and short of it

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼