james mclean

They can't be much of a "friend" if they damned him for wearing a Poppy in remembrance of all his fellow Irish men who perished in the First World War.

That was just a thought. He should do what feels right, but i would think that he has or had told many people that he would never wear one. If it was me in that position i would wear it. But I'm not from the North and didn't grow up in Derry so i would not presume to know what that must have been like.

They can't be much of a "friend" if they damned him for wearing a Poppy in remembrance of all his fellow Irish men who perished in the First World War.

I doubt if his near family would damn him.

And as for his former neighbours - Fuck them!

why should mclean disregard his neighbours?
spent his youth in derry obviously has lots of pride in his home city and its people,

james = patriot

Up there with the likes of Tom Barry, Celtic Football Club, Brian O Driscoll and Rob Kearney in my opinion.

Unlike that souptaker Keith Wood.

poppy.png

why should mclean disregard his neighbours?
spent his youth in derry obviously has lots of pride in his home city and its people,

So what?

There are plenty of people in Derry who wear Poppies.

He was 5 years old when the PIRA surrendered, so he would be too young to have seen any real violence perpetrated by either side.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼