Just paid my €160 TV licence online.

What's the story with watching on-line?
Do you need a licence for that ?Anybody have any experience with the licence crowd with this scenario?

You only pay a license if youve an actual telewishun.

You can watch whatever you want online dennis.

Mon like.
Au contraire.

They have re-written the legislation. You now must pay.

Even if you don't have a laptop at home, if you have a phone that is technically capable of playing any type of video and able to connect to the internet, you need a TV license.

My uncle was one of the technical advisors in drafting the legislation. Had a fine row with him over it, but that's how they wanted it.

If you can watch an audio-visual recording in your house, by any means, you now need a TV license. Same goes for the UK.

Bastards.

Question - If you have just broadband, no tv, and stream RTE through the net, are you exempt from paying any license fee?
No, you owe the whole shebang.

All they now need to do now is check with broadband providers, be they mobile or fixed, and they have you.

What about privacy an' all dat.I'm sure the data protection act would not allow this to happen.
Nope. If there is a reasonable chance that you're violating the law (and the way they've framed the legislation, it's almost impossible for someone not to break it nowadays) then the data protection act is bunk.

These checks can be done without your permission. They can just drop the fine in the post and add on fees.

Nope. If there is a reasonable chance that you're violating the law (and the way they've framed the legislation, it's almost impossible for someone not to break it nowadays) then the data protection act is bunk.

These checks can be done without your permission. They can just drop the fine in the post and add on fees.

Police State here we come:crazyeye:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼