Public Servants - Turncoats?

So its just a big coincidence that Newry was jam packed yesterday? :-?

i think that people going across the border in their droves will have a devastating effect on businesses here in the short term,but hopefully it will in the long term force the government to act on the lost revenue,that if theres still any shops left here by then

Over 60% of public servants r on less than €50k p/year, hardly the lap of luxury. When u factor in the probability that they r paying off a huge mortage etc, there's not a whole lot left in the kitty. By all means reduce the pay of public servants over €70k.

Secondly, public servants have already taken a pay cut this year. Do u expect public servants alnoe to bear the brunt of the pain caused by the greed of developers bankers etc.

There are still over 50,000 people in this country earning over €00k p/year. Could we not tax these people?

What about people with high value houses, why not tax them on the value of their properties.

Do u expect the public servants to work for the minimum wage?

I don't work for minimum wage,i get paid less than 50k per year and i have a mortgage to pay,but i don't strike and lose a days wages. They are just being greedy fuckers. Are you happy with teachers still getting paid while having the summer off along with mid terms and the like and getting fully paid for it,and they have the cheek to complain,fucking disgrace.

I know one teacher who went on the piss the other night as he had no work in the morning,he didn't want to strike but he had no choice really in the end as the other teachers in the school were on strike,the teacher i know is delighted with the fact they have a job and can survive on the monies that they earn.

I've taken a pay cut this year and my taxes have increased and i expect my taxes to be increased again in the next budget,you are clearly a public sector worker and talking complete shit out of your arsehole.

Last edited:
Problems with public servants:
1. There are too many of them
2. So many of them do fuck all
3. They are not our servants: they are the new ruling class: they are now screwing the ordinary joe soap as badly as the landlords did in the old days
4. They are totally self serving: the education system is run to suit the teachers and lecturers: the health system is run to suit its employees - not the patients: the additional resources put in during the last decade has been totally absorbed by its staff.
5. The public service employees have lost the run of themselves: roll on the IMF: the sooner the better - let the pay cheques bounce

Over 60% of public servants r on less than €50k p/year, hardly the lap of luxury.
So that means 40% of them are on over 50k, that's a lot or people. And 50k is hardly the breadline.

When u factor in the probability that they r paying off a huge mortage etc, there's not a whole lot left in the kitty.
Their personal "huge mortgage" is their problem. No-one forced them to buy the house they bought. A hell of a lot of people would love to get onto the property ladder but just cant afford any mortgage, even with the 20% reduction from the highs of 2007.

Secondly, public servants have already taken a pay cut this year.
Bollox. They had to contribute a net 4% more to THEIR OWN pension. Boo-hoo. A reduction of an overly generous bonus which the rest of us are helping to pay for is not a pay cut.

Do u expect public servants alnoe to bear the brunt of the pain caused by the greed of developers bankers etc.
Alone? L O mutherfucking L is all I'll say to that. They have taken minimal "pain" compared to everyone else.

There are still over 50,000 people in this country earning over €00k p/year. Could we not tax these people?
Of course, a 3rd tax band needs to be introduced but this is getting off the issue.

What about people with high value houses, why not tax them on the value of their properties.
True but again, it's a different issue - there's no escaping that the public sector wage bill needs to be substantially reduced. There's a €200 tax on second properties and it should be increased substantially.

If you think that 50k is the minimum wage for fucksake take the red pill and I'll show you the real world!

So that means 40% of them are on over 50k, that's a lot or people. And 50k is hardly the breadline.

Their personal "huge mortgage" is their problem. No-one forced them to buy the house they bought. A hell of a lot of people would love to get onto the property ladder but just cant afford any mortgage, even with the 20% reduction from the highs of 2007.

Bollox. They had to contribute a net 4% more to THEIR OWN pension. Boo-hoo. A reduction of an overly generous bonus which the rest of us are helping to pay for is not a pay cut.

Alone? L O mutherfucking L is all I'll say to that. They have taken minimal "pain" compared to everyone else.

Of course, a 3rd tax band needs to be introduced but this is getting off the issue.

True but again, it's a different issue - there's no escaping that the public sector wage bill needs to be substantially reduced. There's a €200 tax on second properties and it should be increased substantially.

If you think that 50k is the minimum wage for fucksake take the red pill and I'll show you the real world!

Well said Goldstein!

Over 60% of public servants r on less than €50k p/year, hardly the lap of luxury. When u factor in the probability that they r paying off a huge mortage etc, there's not a whole lot left in the kitty. By all means reduce the pay of public servants over €70k.

Secondly, public servants have already taken a pay cut this year. Do u expect public servants alnoe to bear the brunt of the pain caused by the greed of developers bankers etc.

Jesus Christ would ye clowns get yer heads out of yer fucking arses!!! Taxing extra on 50,000 people who earn over €100 k WILL NOT plug a hole of €500 million a week, nor will any of the other fanciful Notions that ye are plucking straight out of Begg and O Connor's braindead minds. Ye got a 7% pension levy. The tax payer contributes alot more to YOUR pension than you actually do so shut up and finally I know people who had nothing to do with developments or banking and never even did well out of the Celtic Tiger and now have lost jobs and some even taking 50% pay cuts so about time ye bunch of brainless moaners shut up for once and realised ye have it good. Always changing the goalposts to suit yourselves. Why do ye not want benchmarking now? Why not follow the private sector now? Fucking leeches!

Jesus Christ would ye clowns get yer heads out of yer fucking arses!!! Taxing extra on 50,000 people who earn over €100 k WILL NOT plug a hole of €500 million a week, nor will any of the other fanciful Notions that ye are plucking straight out of Begg and O Connor's braindead minds. Ye got a 7% pension levy. The tax payer contributes alot more to YOUR pension than you actually do so shut up and finally I know people who had nothing to do with developments or banking and never even did well out of the Celtic Tiger and now have lost jobs and some even taking 50% pay cuts so about time ye bunch of brainless moaners shut up for once and realised ye have it good. Always changing the goalposts to suit yourselves. Why do ye not want benchmarking now? Why not follow the private sector now? Fucking leeches!

I have already stated that I accept that the public service wage bill will have to be reduced. However, I believe that the higher paid ones should suffer the most, ie Superintendents, Principal Offivers, Assistant Princiapls, Judges etc etc.

I think it's very unfair to target a lowly paid Clerical Officer on an average wage of €28k for another pay cut.

Most of ye have ur minds made up and r now on the "hang the civil servants" bandwagon, just as ye same morons voted for Fianna Fraud and all.

Why don't we look at ourselves and the corrupt politicians we continually vote for time and time again, instead of seeking to scapegoat the public sector for this shambles.

I don't believe this shite.
The Govt. must be loving all this worker-against-worker aggro.
I worked for crap money for many years and never begrudged anyone else that was doing better than me.As far as I was concerned,the best of luck to them.
I pity anybody who is under severe financial pressure at the moment,but would it not be better to get the self-serving bastards out of Govt. and try to raise the bar for everybody instead of slagging each other off.

I love the way the Public sector wasters try to equate and lump in everyone who works/worked in the Private sector with the bankers at the moment, the way they try to categorise every private sector worker as some sort of Gordan Gekko type who made millions and laugh at people working in the public sector

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼