Pubs reopening June 29th

I wonder is that why publicans are so quick to meet this announcements with talk about putting their prices up.

They know that Paddy will give his last dime for a pint regardless of what the price is, so it's easy money for a publican.
"Paddy" has now copped on a long time ago and is being driven away from the public house by poor value for money and would rather a nice car or holiday etc.

People can only afford so much in their weekly budget and discretionary spending on items like expensive coffee or pints is always the first to go.

Original 7 brewery on North Mall have written to all their customers to say that they won't be increasing their prices.

How can a small independent brewery manage to deal with cost pressures when a massive company like Diageo can't?

Fair play, it's great to see our local breweries stepping up. 🍺

Original 7 brewery on North Mall have written to all their customers to say that they won't be increasing their prices.

How can a small independent brewery manage to deal with cost pressures when a massive company like Diageo can't?

Maybe because that small brewery are not greedy selfish bastards??

How much are these guys charging at the moment?

I think it may have been during the last recession or before it but Diageo sales were consistently falling for a number of months and they still increased prices that year. Guinness seems to operate under different market norms to other companies. There's not too many businesses that would increase prices when sales were falling.

How much are these guys charging at the moment?

I think it may have been during the last recession or before it but Diageo sales were consistently falling for a number of months and they still increased prices that year. Guinness seems to operate under different market norms to other companies. There's not too many businesses that would increase prices when sales were falling.

I'm in Fredz for a pint now (if anyone is passing come in and buy me one)

€6.10 for an Original 7 beer. Only 30c more than a Guinness.

I'd imagine €6.10 is around the going rate for a local craft beer in town

I'm in Fredz for a pint now (if anyone is passing come in and buy me one)

€6.10 for an Original 7 beer. Only 30c more than a Guinness.

I'd imagine €6.10 is around the going rate for a local craft beer in town

Breaking a tenner to buy a pint of social welfare stout at €5.20 is a real sign of the times.

I'm away at the moment in Scotland and paying £4.95 stg for A pint of Heineken in a nice pub. Or £5.55 for a pint of Coors in the accommodation.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

12th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼