Pubs reopening June 29th

Why would I take the piss about it? Pub gone, jobs lost, another empty premises in Cork City. Nothing to joke about here
AHH Jaesus. That's some loss.

That knob who has the other place on Douglas street has made a real mess of it.

Thankfully a few other members of staff there moved on a few weeks ago and got other jobs close by.

They must have had an idea he was going to fail there. FFS.

AHH Jaesus. That's some loss.

That knob who has the other place on Douglas street has made a real mess of it.

Thankfully a few other members of staff there moved on a few weeks ago and got other jobs close by.

They must have had an idea he was going to fail there. FFS.

The girl Triona was very loyal, she worked the last night last night and was very upset. Very hard to find another full time bar job in Cork at the moment, which is crazy as a year ago places were crying put for staff.

The pub trade is in the eye of a storm and I'm not sure that a lot of people realise it, even those who are in the trade themselves. Stormy seas ahead.

I resent your comment about the man on Douglas Street being a knob though. He's a lovely man and now that he's able to fully focus on the Hyde Out I think he's going to do really well.

The girl Triona was very loyal, she worked the last night last night and was very upset. Very hard to find another full time bar job in Cork at the moment, which is crazy as a year ago places were crying put for staff.

The pub trade is in the eye of a storm and I'm not sure that a lot of people realise it, even those who are in the trade themselves. Stormy seas ahead.

I resent your comment about the man on Douglas Street being a knob though. He's a lovely man and now that he's able to fully focus on the Hyde Out I think he's going to do really well.
He may be doing very well now, but at the cost of the bar and staff of Barbarella's. Triona even said it to us a few weeks ago that putting up the prices the way he did was probably going to have a very bad knock on effect. A good few of the locals/regulars voted with their feet, and fair dues to them.

Triona will be a big loss there. Fantastic girl, and as you say, loyal, although that cost her a job there. Resent it or not, I couldn't care less. That was a dick thing to do.

He may be doing very well now, but at the cost of the bar and staff of Barbarella's. Triona even said it to us a few weeks ago that putting up the prices the way he did was probably going to have a very bad knock on effect. A good few of the locals/regulars voted with their feet, and fair dues to them.

Triona will be a big loss there. Fantastic girl, and as you say, loyal, although that cost her a job there. Resent it or not, I couldn't care less. That was a dick thing to do.

As Josef Stalin said, "you can't make poached eggs without breaking a few eggs first".

It's unfortunate news about Barbarella but ultimately this will assist the Hyde Out in cementing its place as Cork's top racing pub.

I doubt he put €1 on a pint either, are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit there?

As Josef Stalin said, "you can't make poached eggs without breaking a few eggs first".

It's unfortunate news about Barbarella but ultimately this will assist the Hyde Out in cementing its place as Cork's top racing pub.

I doubt he put €1 on a pint either, are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit there?
Is the Wetherspoons pub doing much damage to the trade in the city?

Nope. It was Triona herself that told us.

She said when he took over he questioned how the bar was making any money with the prices they had at the time, so in his fierce wisdom decided that the best way to fix the problem was to up prices.

Did your favourite pub the Hyde Out manage to sort out it's disastrous porter issue yet? Might be "Cork's top racing (to the jacks) pub"

Nope. It was Triona herself that told us.

She said when he took over he questioned how the bar was making any money with the prices they had at the time, so in his fierce wisdom decided that the best way to fix the problem was to up prices.

Any idea what happened to James who was managing Barbarella just before it was taken over?

He was really giving it a shot with his cocktails and beer ideas - Thursdays were good fun in there. One of the regulars said that he couldn't deal with the new "owners" or whatver the place so he left before the change.

Did your favourite pub the Hyde Out manage to sort out it's disastrous porter issue yet? Might be "Cork's top racing (to the jacks) pub"

Funnily enough - there's a chap in work who lives on High St. He said to me yesterday that he was in Fionnbarra's twice and Coughlan's for a few pints over Easter.

I asked him if he went to The Hyde Out.

"Nope. Can't trust the stout in there. I'm getting on but I'm not at the happily shitting my keks stage of life yet."

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Miles Kane
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

12th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼