Official England Euro 2012 Finals Thread

Will you be cheering if England loose?

• Total voters
i like to see the hopes of the english nation raised and then dashed. this is largely based on the ridiculous jingoism and belief of the english media that ingerlund will triumph uber alles if they apply enough 'bulldog spirit', but it's true that a lot of fans buy into this. i suppose in a similar way how some irish fans believe whatever dunphy has to say.

at least they won't be able to blame a foreigner this time round.

after capello left a guy in the office (an otherwise intelligent guy) was saying how he was 'sacked' and 'rubbish'. fabio capello now mind. yeah, he's rubbish alright...
How did the Sun miss this one?

He'll probably get them playing at a better tempo but he just doesn't have enough in the tactical department.

He still can't get consistent results against the best teams in the PL so how is he going to navigate the English team through ko stages of tournaments?

He'll probably get them playing at a better tempo but he just doesn't have enough in the tactical department.

He still can't get consistent results against the best teams in the PL so how is he going to navigate the English team through ko stages of tournaments?

It appears the public and media are more than fond of him, do you think the players are the same? There's a lot to be said for respect for the manager. Just look at Villas Boas.

Who's the best young English lad at the moment?

Welbeck, Shelvey, Sturridge, Oxlade-Chamberlain or someone else?

Phil Jones for me has as much 'upside' as anyone, once he establishes himself in one position rather than rotating between right-back, centre-half and defensive midfielder.

Wilshere is another who should easily make the step-up to international class in a relatively short period of time.

Wilshire for me
Hart too obviously

and Cleverly
The Ox and Smalling are good too Jones will be good in the long term when he learns more discipline

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼