Official England Euro 2012 Finals Thread

Will you be cheering if England loose?

• Total voters
I would take the other 8 midfielders named, as well as a few that weren't, ahead of Gerrard.

Totally agree Lapsy. As I said earlier I didn't even think he was England's best player. He had a decent tournament but a lot of other midfielders were miles ahead of him.

There would be little shame in that. They are all fine players who had great tournaments and most are younger than Gerrard.

The fact that Gerrard was chosen to be among that cosy cartel of Ger/Ita/Spa players despite his side's relatively early exit would indicate that he has a bloody good shout as England's best player at the tournament (...for unbiased judges).

Any opinion I've read in the UK press has sided pretty heavily with Gerrard as their best performing player.

There would be little shame in that. They are all fine players who had great tournaments and most are younger than Gerrard.

The fact that Gerrard was chosen to be among that cosy cartel of Ger/Ita/Spa players despite his side's relatively early exit would indicate that he has a bloody good shout as England's best player at the tournament (...for unbiased judges).

Any opinion I've read in the UK press has sided pretty heavily with Gerrard as their best performing player.

I would have said that the three defenders Lescott,Johnson and Cole and goalie Hart kept England in games when Gerrard,Parker,Young and whoever else was playing went missing. As i have stated previously Gerrard put some fantastic crosses in to set up a couple of goals but he along with the rest of Englands midfied was outclassed by nearly every opponent they played.

:cool:
I agree here Philby that Gerrard was England's best performer. He tried to lead by example and motivate what was a pack of mutton-heads around him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Best Of Cork Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼