Memorable hurling matches

Great memories here but when you look at our record, we have been involved in classics over the years. We won a lot of them but am i wrong in thinking the last time we came out on the right side of a classic was that game against galway in 08. We've lost a lot of hum dingers since then. The games we win we seem to win well but not many of those

This, some character to run out handy winners in the end.
Looked like we'd be over run wot the form Canning was in but I think Deane shot the lights out that day. A bright moment in a dark few years
Hoggy got a few points that night, 16 years later he is still doing it

We went to Dublin for the 1982 final. We were raging favourites. Little wonder, we waltzed our way through Munster untroubled. We had a dream team that had been enhanced by the inclusion of Martin Doherty. He was, at the time, resident in California but returned for the final. Great. Alas, we were beaten out the gate by a gritty Kilkenny who hit us very hard early and earlier.
Myself and my two friends, both deceased with ten or more years, couldn’t face post - match couldas or shouldas so we returned to bed in Barry,s Hotel. We were shattered beyond shattering. It took us some time before we could arise and face the day.
We were back in Dublin for the following year’s final. Another loss to Kilkenny. We had a mighty post match in the Shakespear Bar. It proves that there is a huge difference between losing well and losing badly. The three of us agreed that we would not dare lose 3 in a row. And so it proved.

We went to Dublin for the 1982 final. We were raging favourites. Little wonder, we waltzed our way through Munster untroubled. We had a dream team that had been enhanced by the inclusion of Martin Doherty. He was, at the time, resident in California but returned for the final. Great. Alas, we were beaten out the gate by a gritty Kilkenny who hit us very hard early and earlier.
Myself and my two friends, both deceased with ten or more years, couldn’t face post - match couldas or shouldas so we returned to bed in Barry,s Hotel. We were shattered beyond shattering. It took us some time before we could arise and face the day.
We were back in Dublin for the following year’s final. Another loss to Kilkenny. We had a mighty post match in the Shakespear Bar. It proves that there is a huge difference between losing well and losing badly. The three of us agreed that we would not dare lose 3 in a row. And so it proved.
The shakespeare, a blast from the past

Bit younger than you Corkie but yet remembering being devastated after 82, but remember 83 being less of a hit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

6th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼