Man U V Celtic Thread

Good game, poor defending from United for the first goal.

No need for Boruc to be where he was so the penalty was justly awarded.

Couple of poor lapses in concentration from Graveson led to the other two goals.

VOH had a great chance with a header to put Celtic ahead again in the first half but saved well.

United were well on top in the second half and to be honest did not look like conceding.

An average United performance.

If not for three fantastic saves from Boruc the scoreline would not have been so kind for Celtic.

Nice one out of Dunphy at half time calling Rio "That Clown"

excellent game, end to end for 90 mins.i think it's just what utd need at this stage, a hard fought victory.should sharpen them up well for sunday.

Celtic were poor tonight, not like we've played in a bit. United won thanks to a dodgy penalty. Yes it was a penalty but only because the player went down, and he's been trained to go down like that. I liked Giggs but he's nothing short of a fucking poof after the way he went down tonight.

Our whole side cost less than Rio Ferdinand though so you can't complain too much, especially when pitted against EPL mediocrity.

MonTheHoops said:
Celtic were poor tonight, not like we've played in a bit. United won thanks to a dodgy penalty. Yes it was a penalty but only because the player went down, and he's been trained to go down like that. I liked Giggs but he's nothing short of a fucking poof after the way he went down tonight.

Our whole side cost less than Rio Ferdinand though so you can't complain too much, especially when pitted against EPL mediocrity.

Had a Celtic player been in a similar position he would have done exactly the same thing. Its part and parcel of the game. Had it been Van Der Saar i couldnt complain as the keeper had no reason being where he was.

Interesting not to see Moloney on from the start.

Second leg should be interesting but if United play to their potential then Celtic should be no match for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Frank and Walters
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Dec 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Van Morrison

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼