Jafc 2017

Serious win for Knocknagree. They were unlucky not to win last years county but they’ll be happier now because Kerry’s champions were a lot weaker this year than last. They’d probably have been well beaten by Glenbeigh/Glencar last year.

They’ll be in with a great shout of an All-Ireland now. Luck has been on their side this year - benefitted from the introduction of both divisional finalists going forward to compete in county after losing to Boherbue, who will be sick tonight. They’ve a massively rivalry there. Also very fortunate to beat Iveleary in county semi who lost 2 of their best forwards shortly after half time and Erin’s Own cleared out Kilmurry and Kilmacs who would have proven a stiffer test in county final. Can’t say they weren’t due some luck though and they’ve kicked on well. They’ve some super forwards and play a nice brand of football so will be hard to stop. Fair play to them!

Yeah probably have got a nice bit of luck along the way. Would agree Dromid probably not as strong as previous Kerry champs but still a massive challenge to beat any Kerry team. They deserve it though still had to fight to the end to get it to extra time and have been knocking on the door for the past few years.

Lucky Munster champions.

You’ve probably taken the wrong point from my post. Nobody can deny a beaten divisional finalist that goes on to win county and Munster titles isn’t fortunate. Every team needs luck to win things though & while that luck avoided them last year, it has come their way this year & it’s probably a better time for them to gain a bit of a rub of the green.

No denying their quality. Wouldn’t shock me to see them go straight up and win intermediate next year. There’ll be no team with as many scoring threats anyway. It would be disappointing if they don’t land an All-Ireland title before that.

Are you dense or just completely humourless? It was a joke, not an original one either ffs! "Rathmore Cork" - What a clown! Nice to ignore the vast majority of my post but nothing new from you.
In any case if you were at the county junior final, you would have seen a large number of people from Rathmore and Gneeveguilla supporting Knocknagree. The kind of empathy you would be disgusted by I'm sure.

Yes I know it was a light hearted comment as was mine.
I am not a clown and never resort to that kind of schoolyard gibberish.
I was at the match BTW and can't comment on your assertion that Rathmore and Gneeveguilla people were there supporting Knocknagree.
Most of the clowns that I know are those who think anybody from Kerry would support a Cork team against a Kerry team.
You need to change them tablets.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Gallagher Plus Guests

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼