Immigration Thread

Strange, I have family connections in FG and it is a constant on the door steps down here.
It has surpassed housing, health, education etc.
Maybe that is a village that has not been affected as of yet,
I found it strange too. My own thoughts are that there is maybe 20% of the electorate who will care enough about the issue to sway how they vote. That will be reflected in the vote the Independents and far right parties get. Most people will vote along traditional issues. Health, housing, public transport, cost of living etc.

Again just my opinion. There may be polls that show me to be wrong but I don’t see a big swing to the right happening at least not yet.

Maybe that is a village that has not been affected as of yet,

No no, all the recent polls are wrong.

Riot Gardai are charging and pepper spraying people who are welcoming asylum seekers into their communities.

Locals in Dundalk are actually pleased their main hotel is shutting to house refugees.

Lol

There's three or four posters here showing a total detachment from reality on this issue.

Like off the reservation. 80% of those polled by the Sunday Independent are unhappy with the govt handling of immigration. 75% think we have taken too many. And 28% view it as the #1 election issue. It now ranks as the main election issue for people (ahead of housing).

Trying to pretend there is any popular support for not policing our borders and facilitating economic migrants scamming our visa system is total nonsense. Completely delusional stuff.

This years elections will bear that out

No no, all the recent polls are wrong.

Riot Gardai are charging and pepper spraying people who are welcoming asylum seekers into their communities.

Locals in Dundalk are actually pleased their main hotel is shutting to house refugees.

Lol

There's three or four posters here showing a total detachment from reality on this issue.

Like off the reservation. 80% of those polled by the Sunday Independent are unhappy with the govt handling of immigration. 75% think we have taken too many. And 28% view it as the #1 election issue. It now ranks as the main election issue for people (ahead of housing).

Trying to pretend there is any popular support for not policing our borders and facilitating economic migrants scamming our visa system is total nonsense. Completely delusional stuff.

This years elections will bear that out
Ah come off it Dan ffs. I never said there is popular support for Ireland’s immigration policy. Also I posted a poll yesterday that showed immigration as the second highest issue for voters behind housing. You chose to ignore that though.

View attachment 32507

The Sindo poll has it even higher.
Hate to be pedantic but that poll focuses on attention issues are getting not what issue voters consider their top priorities at the next election. No doubt immigration is a very important topic and voters including myself are unhappy with the current state of play. However I do think it’ll be superseded by housing, health etc in terms of influencing how people actually vote.

Strange, I have family connections in FG and it is a constant on the door steps down here.
It has surpassed housing, health, education etc.

I was talking a Fine Gael party stalwart and he said the rank and file were up in arms with the drift under Varadkar.

Sure just look at the sheer number of their TDs not running next time out.

Hate to be pedantic but that poll focuses on attention issues are getting not what issue voters consider their top priorities at the next election. No doubt immigration is a very important topic and voters including myself are unhappy with the current state of play. However I do think it’ll be superseded by housing, health etc in terms of influencing how people actually vote.
Immigration and housing are very much interlinked issues. If there was enough housing for the immigrants and for Irish people, then immigration would be much less of an issue.

Just heard on the radio, Bambi Thug has been couch surfing for the past while ... :crazyeye:

Immigration and housing are very much interlinked issues. If there was enough housing for the immigrants and for Irish people, then immigration would be much less of an issue.

Just heard on the radio, Bambi Thug has been couch surfing for the past while ... :crazyeye:
Let’s leave the EU then because we’ve an open border with 26 other countries as well as the UK.

And the housing frenzy that gave the grist to the mill, was whipped up by the likes of Sinn Fein, when they knew the history as to why we have housing issues, and why it will take time to resolve. The irony is that it's blown up in their own faces, as it has largely activated their own anti immigrant, racist base.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼