GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

I rarely post here, but I was talking to someone yesterday, who was behind the running of the under-age section of a big city club for many years, but an overall sports fan as well. He was decrying the fact that Cork youngsters are not seeing their heroes on TV. He mentioned that most rugby is now free to air. It seems the IRFU learned from the English Cricketing disaster a number of years ago when they went behind a paywall and have not yet recovered, having lost a generation of young players. Surely the Cork County Board has some influence in the games screened.

I rarely post here, but I was talking to someone yesterday, who was behind the running of the under-age section of a big city club for many years, but an overall sports fan as well. He was decrying the fact that Cork youngsters are not seeing their heroes on TV. He mentioned that most rugby is now free to air. It seems the IRFU learned from the English Cricketing disaster a number of years ago when they went behind a paywall and have not yet recovered, having lost a generation of young players. Surely the Cork County Board has some influence in the games screened.
At the very least Co Board delegates need to be pressuring the Executive to bring this to Croke Park. It’s not acceptable.

The ironic thing is there’s every chance that the only game we will have on telly this year both ourselves and Tipp could be already out of it. A total mess. Cork and Limerick should absolutely be on tv. Maybe they should let a few smallies throw a rugby ball around at half time and RTE would be all over it.
Tipp are playing Clare the week after the Tipp V Cork match. There is no way they could already be out.

I paid for the Cork Limerick game last night. The quality of the broadcast and punditry is good but...I had a bit of difficulty in paying for the game then a fair bit of difficulty in setting it up to watch on the TV from a device.

When I didn't allow notifications on the gaago app the only option available was the ~€78 subscription. When I went back and allowed notifications the one off match option appeared.

I was in someone else's house so tried to use their ipad with my log in details to the gaago app to pay. This was blocked as their iTunes account is linked for payment on the app. I used my own phone to pay for the game. I then couldn't link my phone to the TV to watch on the TV. I tried the Internet on the TV but it was stalling. With 10 mins to throw in I went back to log in on their ipad - I was able to get the match onto the TV.

I spent the best part of an hour doing this and consider myself fairly tech savvy. I imagine that their are alot of people not able to watch the gaago matches on the TV from a device

And must ya pay for it if ya want to watch the match over.
That's another aspect of it. Cork supporters that want to watch back last night's epic have to pay for the privilege instead of having it recorded at home. I'd say they made a pretty penny today. People that were at the match are getting caught to pay twice!

They should make games available for free during the following week. It would be a sign of goodwill that's badly needed from the GAA.

Or could they even include one off access for people who had tickets to the game later to watch? Surely ways of doing it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking

Cornmarket Centre, Today @ 1pm

More events ▼