GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

Maybe its a good thing. Like the dubs and the animals, if keeping Cork in championship is good for business, then, the powers that be will see to that going forward.
Our national game is being pillaged and ruined by a bunch of suits. In 50 years, hurling will become like shinty or cricket. A complete minority sport in Ireland. The grass roots volunteers are keeping it alive at the moment and that goodwill will die slowly with the sport becoming elitist and monetized at every opportunity.
We should be treasuring and safegaurding the sport as part of our heritage.
We are doing the opposite.
Those involved in these decisions need to hang their heads in shame.
You mean cricket the second most popular sport globally?

You mean cricket the second most popular sport globally?

In fairness he did say 'a minority sport in Ireland'.

Not to labour the point but we already pay €160 a year for the license or face prosecution. Now RTE have engineered the situation where we have to pay again to watch Cork play hurling and football.

They can prise my wallet from my cold , dead hands before I let that shower shaft me twice.

RTE announced there showing all irish u19 soccer matches live in June/July Times for the 1/4 finals of the hurling championship had to be changed as RTE are Showing the ERC final live.

RTE announced there showing all irish u19 soccer matches live in June/July Times for the 1/4 finals of the hurling championship had to be changed as RTE are Showing the ERC final live.

Yup, you can catch most Munster & Leinster URC games free to air on the national broadcaster.

Do the GAA think putting the showcase games of the hurling championship behind a paywall is going to A) help the game or B) damage it?

RTE are the broadcasting partner of the ERC, they can't change that time of that game in fairness. I agree with most of it being said here but bringing the ERC, URC or UEFA games in to this is ridiculous.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

28th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼