GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

Cork hurling supporters are being abused by the powers that be. We have contributed more support, colour, atmosphere, banter, sportsmanship, money to the game of hurling than any other county. Period. Are we rewarded for this? Are we fck. No. It is used against us for commercial purposes to squeeze every last penny from us.
I'm talking about the GAAGO my brethren.
3 out of 4 Cork Munster hurling matches being put behind a paywall again this year. Even though we already pay a license fee to the morally-bankrupt RTE.
I say we fight back.
We hit them where it hurts. In their pockets.
What's say we boycott one Munster game this year. No Cork attendance at a match. No Cork supporters pay for the match on GAAGO.
I calculate up to $1m in lost revenue to commercial bodies as a result of such an action.
That should send the message loud and clear, which they are clearly not listening to up to this point.
We can organise to gather outside the stadium in protest and let the players hear the support we send from outside.
Rebels abu.

Cork are the biggest supporters in the country, the Gaa know well what they are at with the Cork matches on Gaa go . 3 hurling and cork v Kerry in football all on Gaa go just shows that cork are vital for this Gaa go lark to succeed.

No Cork supporters pay for the match on GAAGO.
I calculate up to $1m in lost revenue to commercial bodies as a result of such an action.
That should send the message loud and clear, which they are clearly not listening to up to this point.
We can organise to gather outside the stadium in protest and let the players hear the support we send from outside.
Rebels abu.
Gawd. Bringing those bad vibes near the stadium on the day of a game, brilliant.

I'll be zipping by whatever miseries are lining up to protest.
No way I'm missing any games, too few of them and I look forward to them too much.

No problem with people protesting in the form of not paying for GAAGo if they feel it's too expensive or not a viable option because of connectivity issues.

But the "Cork hurling supporters are being abused by the powers that be" schtick is embarrassing. Using it as a rallying cry for people to "fight back" and protest outside the grounds..... cringeworthy.

RTE can't afford to broadcast all games played on any given weekend, they didn't chose ours for 3 out of the 4 weeks of the round robin.
Haven't seen who they did chose but I'm guessing that the supporters of the teams that they are showing wouldn’t take too kindly to being booted on to GAAGo every week because Cork has "contributed more support, colour, atmosphere, banter, sportsmanship, money to the game of hurling than any other county"
Guessing that Limerick fans would argue that point too.

Cork hurling supporters are being abused by the powers that be. We have contributed more support, colour, atmosphere, banter, sportsmanship, money to the game of hurling than any other county. Period. Are we rewarded for this? Are we fck. No. It is used against us for commercial purposes to squeeze every last penny from us.
I'm talking about the GAAGO my brethren.
3 out of 4 Cork Munster hurling matches being put behind a paywall again this year. Even though we already pay a license fee to the morally-bankrupt RTE.
I say we fight back.
We hit them where it hurts. In their pockets.
What's say we boycott one Munster game this year. No Cork attendance at a match. No Cork supporters pay for the match on GAAGO.
Rebels abu.
Ah take a chill pill dude. It's 60 notes or something ridiculous for the year. Find another hill, tightwad.

Im totally against this decision , but RTE decided not to show the Cork games , its a buisness decision to make money. On the other hand if GAAgo wasnt there , the Cork games wouldnt be shown , simple thing if people are pissed off , go to the games and if ya cant go listen to it on the radio , or get a special box to watch .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom McRae
Wavelength (Cyprus Ave Rooftop)

3rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼