GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

Jamie’s got a short memory.
The best/most entertaining/most gripping two games last year both involved Cork, (Tipp game and lim game). One could argue the opener with lim v Clare was the game of the year but of Corks 4 MHC games last year, 3 were all nail biters. Is that kind of sport not attractive enough for Jamie?
Exactly, he's talking rubbish there. Cork didn't come out of group last year but actually had very good quality games. Wall won't give much credit to any Cork team, he's a serious chip on shoulder over not getting the minor gig and it's obvious in a few articles he's written since.

Amazing how TG4 with infinity less resources can pump out 2 matches on a Sunday and sometimes additional games on YouTube. While RTE with it's bloated processes can't managed the task without wanting to be paid twice for it.

Both RTE and the GAA are great at playing the public service broadcasting and National Games card neither of those two themes should sit behind a paywall in my view. Enough funding is given to these two organisations on those basis.

Cork hurling supporters are being abused by the powers that be. We have contributed more support, colour, atmosphere, banter, sportsmanship, money to the game of hurling than any other county. Period. Are we rewarded for this? Are we fck. No. It is used against us for commercial purposes to squeeze every last penny from us.
I'm talking about the GAAGO my brethren.
3 out of 4 Cork Munster hurling matches being put behind a paywall again this year. Even though we already pay a license fee to the morally-bankrupt RTE.
I say we fight back.
We hit them where it hurts. In their pockets.
What's say we boycott one Munster game this year. No Cork attendance at a match. No Cork supporters pay for the match on GAAGO.
I calculate up to $1m in lost revenue to commercial bodies as a result of such an action.
That should send the message loud and clear, which they are clearly not listening to up to this point.
We can organise to gather outside the stadium in protest and let the players hear the support we send from outside.
Rebels abu.
Should have learned our.lesson after last strike - we haven't won anything since.

Amazing how TG4 with infinity less resources can pump out 2 matches on a Sunday and sometimes additional games on YouTube. While RTE with it's bloated processes can't managed the task without wanting to be paid twice for it.

Both RTE and the GAA are great at playing the public service broadcasting and National Games card neither of those two themes should sit behind a paywall in my view. Enough funding is given to these two organisations on those basis.
No it's not.

We weren't winning a whole pile before the strikes either but the strikes lead to people becoming more entrenched.
Not true - we never went 18/19 years without an all ireland before. That group of players might have won 2 or 3 but set us back decades. Shane on them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Cops and Robert

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼