Cork Minor Football 2024

Some serious good players not included in Cork minor football panel, Is Rebel og working. I would have thought with the personal selecting the panel every player would get an equal opportunity (not the case I am afraid). This is excluding hurlers who would make the panel. Players need to be tested at the highest level if we want to beat Kerry.
Always the case I suppose ,

Some serious good players not included in Cork minor football panel, Is Rebel og working. I would have thought with the personal selecting the panel every player would get an equal opportunity (not the case I am afraid). This is excluding hurlers who would make the panel. Players need to be tested at the highest level if we want to beat Kerry.
Examples of players not included?

Boohoo another disgruntled parent, get a life

Prendergast 123, you obviously totally understand Cork football, for your info, not a parent, however do follow Cork football. No Macroom players (team very strong) at this age, no player, no North side footballers (I understand there are a few). Very good Bantry player not there, top forward from Kilshannig not included. In addition, players who played Corn ui mhuri at highest level not included.

Prendergast 123, you obviously totally understand Cork football, for your info, not a parent, however do follow Cork football. No Macroom players (team very strong) at this age, no player, no North side footballers (I understand there are a few). Very good Bantry player not there, top forward from Kilshannig not included. In addition, players who played Corn ui mhuri at highest level not included.
Define a strong team? Macroom last year at u16 played in what division of football? Competed in what final? I think you’ll see some sense when you answer the above questions. Be interesting for you to put names of players rather than passing off “ top forward” “ good player “ as knowledge. There are around 25 teams represented on the panel a reflection of the extent the mgmt looked at players from all over the county. I’d suggest that’s the largest for any minor team in the last few years .

Strong teams are teams that compete at Premier 1 or Premier 2 level or Schools that compete at Corn ui Mhuiri level, mainly at business end of competition. We need player's who are on form not player's who have been in squads since U13 and have never been challenged. We need player's with DNA and can compete at top level. It is no good player's training on a 4G pitch, we need to see them in a top championship match at the highest level. There are some very good players on the squad no question, I am just surprised they have not considered the player's I referred to (maybe there is reasons), we need the best player's to drive standards.

Selecting a panel is never easy and I’ve no doubt the mentors involved did what they think is the best. Doctors differ and patients die comes to mind. It is very strange to see such little representation from the north side, Duhallow and Avondhu. No Duhallow selector might be a reason. No footballer in the 36 from the north side has to be another red flag for the guys running cork football. Plenty lads from the Clonakilty region! I’ll be down the pairc tomorrow night and I’m looking forward to the laugh when my buddy will give the who’s who matrix for this panel. I heard last summer that this panel is potentially weakest round the midfield area in particular. However I won’t be surprised if Cork minors do well as they have tended to do over the last 6/7 years. However, The rebel og model has been clearly shown in the last decade to be a failure in producing enough elite ballers for senior level. With the new GDAs, there appears to be a shift towards more regional and school based coaching and that can’t happen soon enough in my book.

All duhallow clubs are playing division 2 bar the Cullen / Millstreet amalgamation players who are in prem 2. simply the rest not up to the standard and the kilshannig man you speak of is a soccer player with ireland he’s made his choice

All duhallow clubs are playing division 2 bar the Cullen / Millstreet amalgamation players who are in prem 2. simply the rest not up to the standard and the kilshannig man you speak of is a soccer player with ireland he’s made his choice
Just because they are amalgamations and from smaller, rural areas does not mean they don’t have players capable of this level

First round game against Kerry is always a stickler, I would take a good performance knowing they would have a home Munster final over a result . Hope the lads go for beyond the expectations some of the people on this forum have .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack L

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼