Cork Hurlers - Part 2

If those boys haven't already been confronted with that by the video analyst in the Cork camp, then we have bigger problems then ever. Take personal opinions out of it Cusack was 100% correct. Plenty of fellas on here had already noted the same incident, and talk of embarrassing lads on National TV is wide of the mark too, those lads are playing in front of thousands live or on TV every week, if they can't accept that bit of constructive criticism then high level sport isnt the right place for them. BTW I reckon they are all big and bold enough to take it and hopefully they'll learn from it for Saturday night.
I think the point wasn’t the analysis, that was spot on about the goal but not the importance of puck outs. It was the fact that no other pundit on TSG consistently uses the platform to take pot shots at their own county just to create sound bites and boast their own profile. Every Cork player and supporter are hurting after first two games and can do without national ridicule.

Last edited:
I think if our top players aren’t used to being tested physically at club level then they will always struggle at senior inter county. I don’t have the answers on how to change the culture tbh.
Have to agree with you there cranky. Ive been going to a fortune of cork club games and for the last number of years the standard is shocking ( glorified intermediate) and the lack of physicality is also astonishing. This is bound to translate into the senior inter county team. Sadly, there’s no quick/easy fix.

Have to agree with you there cranky. Ive been going to a fortune of cork club games and for the last number of years the standard is shocking ( glorified intermediate) and the lack of physicality is also astonishing. This is bound to translate into the senior inter county team. Sadly, there’s no quick/easy fix.

And thst point might have some standing if this was a team full of debutants but it’s not, this isn’t a new team or even a young team, there are players on the team a long time and they still don’t seem to automatically understand that it’s about being physical and winning ball and hitting tackles hard first and everything else afterwards, in reality what is the continuous performances point to is a very comfortable set up where fellas know that they will make the squad regardless really

And thst point might have some standing if this was a team full of debutants but it’s not, this isn’t a new team or even a young team, there are players on the team a long time and they still don’t seem to automatically understand that it’s about being physical and winning ball and hitting tackles hard first and everything else afterwards, in reality what is the continuous performances point to is a very comfortable set up where fellas know that they will make the squad regardless really
Our lads have never lacked hurling ability. Thats part of why we’ve done so well at U20 in the last 7 years, physicality not so important at that level. Our struggle is producing players who can not only play hurling at a top level but can also take the hits and dish a few out too. Not easy I concede.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼