Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I actually agree with you but isn't your plan to do the exact same thing he says but with Fitzy instead of Colman as the extra man in midfield? For what it's worth I think I might agree with this as well.
Id love three ball winners in the half forwards but who are they and who do we replace them with when they are knackered or injured?
Also the Clare game showed up the fallacy of putting on the 'nice' players 'when the game has opened up'.
I'm sorry but both Flynn and Colman have done nothing to earn a start or even a sub slot. Same as Lehane and Meade. On current form none of that 4 would make any impact.
Question is where does that leave us and why don't we have more young lads for the bench?

Team for Saturday,
1.Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig(too late to try anyone else)
2.Niall O’ Leary,Castlelyons
3.Eoin Downey,Glen Rovers
4.Sean O’ Donoghue,Inniscarra (c)
5.Damien Cahalane,St Finbarr’s
6.Ciaran Joyce,Castlemartyr
7.Robert Downey,Glen Rovers
8.Ethan Twomey,St.Finbarr’s
9.Tim O’ Mahony,Newtownshandrum
9.Darragh Fitzgibbon,Charleville
10.Declan Dalton,Fr O’Neill’s
11.Darragh Fitzgibbon, Charleville
12.Seamus Harnedy,St Ita’s
13.Shane Barret, Blarney
14.Alan Connolly,Blackrock
15.Patrick Horgan,Glen Rovers

Fill the bench with youngsters like Cunningham, the Roches, young Cahalane etc.
this is an outstanding proposal to win the match
Pick 16 lads but put two of them wearing no 9. Maybe the second 9 should be a barrys tea jersey

I’m not a fan of Donal Og as a pundit but I find this place amazing sometimes.

People were jumping up and down about what was said yesterday about Cunningham (which was poor taste) but homophobic slurs towards Donal Og are fine.

If people disagree or have a problem with what he says that’s fine but I don’t think there’s any need for this kind of stuff tbh
Are you accusing someone of homophobia?
A crime.

Its not easy to get hard workers through the cork system.
The numbers are enormous so you are mostly deciding between 3 or 4 lads who can really hurl in most spots at underage.

The fringes of your panels are not filled in with honest lads who arent good enough, they know that, but are not willing to give up so they are maybe 40 to 50 on an under 14, 30 to 40 on 15s making B teams at 16s because the 7 best sixteens are gone to minor
getting a game wing forward on a celtic challenge team and by 19 you have a 6 ft 2 bull of a lad on the under 20s between 5 and 12 hand passing the ball to tony Kelly or Cian lynch

Galway are similar. Kilkenny are the original's of working lads through , their population is very small so they are getting more of that.

I dont know how you rectify that and hopefully cork dont either naturally

this is an outstanding proposal to win the match
Pick 16 lads but put two of them wearing no 9. Maybe the second 9 should be a barrys tea jersey
You didn't notice that I also cloned Fitzy as well?
After seeing the way Clare shat the bed against Limerick I thought it was time Cork thought outside the box.
Nice to see I got to you with my previous comments anyway TAN.
Ye cousin lovers are fierce easy to wind up. It's probably the extra chromosome.

After seeing the way Clare shat the bed against Limerick I thought it was time Cork thought outside the box.
Ye cousin lovers are fierce easy to wind up. It's probably the extra chromosome.

which comments were those that got to me?

It's baffling to me how lads have Harnedy on the bench after his performance against Clare.

Damien Cahalane anywhere other than 3 (I'd have E Downey there) just will not work. Thankfully the selectors are not made of the Barrs segment of PROC.

I wouldn't make too many changes. Millerick to come in at half back with Tommy/Tim in midfield and Fitz moved up to 11. Hayes makes way.

I think if our top players aren’t used to being tested physically at club level then they will always struggle at senior inter county. I don’t have the answers on how to change the culture tbh.
The first step was to make the championship competitive again with relegation a real threat. That has finally occurred but it will take years to take effect.
Next step is to sort out the refs from juvenile up. It starts with kids being whistled at for everything and goes all the way up to adults and senior level. This rot wouldn't have been allowed anywhere else but in a county with a referee as dictator for nearly 50 years who removed the threat of relegation for his mates.

Ah cmon Daggie it was a bit of Banteer, no need to bring up about the cousin lovers, they prefer that wouldn’t be spoken of and kept in house😉

[/QUOTE]
Its not easy to get hard workers through the cork system.
The numbers are enormous so you are mostly deciding between 3 or 4 lads who can really hurl in most spots at underage.

The fringes of your panels are not filled in with honest lads who arent good enough, they know that, but are not willing to give up so they are maybe 40 to 50 on an under 14, 30 to 40 on 15s making B teams at 16s because the 7 best sixteens are gone to minor
getting a game wing forward on a celtic challenge team and by 19 you have a 6 ft 2 bull of a lad on the under 20s between 5 and 12 hand passing the ball to tony Kelly or Cian lynch

Galway are similar. Kilkenny are the original's of working lads through , their population is very small so they are getting more of that.

I dont know how you rectify that and hopefully cork dont either naturally
Sorry, just to clarify - are you saying the fringes if Cork underage panels are or are not filled with lads who aren't good enough but who are not willing to give up?

Also, you mention the Celtic Challenge - I think that's a great tournament but are there many examples (from any county) of players making an impact there and subsequently breaking onto the county U20 team?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 1:45pm

More events ▼