Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’d rather our club championship where most teams have a chance of winning but the champions perform poorly in Munster compared to Waterford where they might as well put Ballygunners name on the cup again. Obviously you want the standards to improve but it’s a great championship I think in terms of competitiveness.
It's reffed atrociously and it's only very recently it's become competitive.
Under Frank relegation was abolished for his pals and now we are reaping the result.
That and the shit reffing which who knows who was responsible for?
3CUn.gif

Bank holiday trivia, Pick a cork team from last 50 years , one player max from each club, il go with
A Nash kanturk
B Murphy nemo
D o sullivan. cloyne
B Murphy. Bride rvs
Sean og piarsaighs
C Joyce cmartyr
W Sherlock rockies
J Fenton. mdton
Teddy Mc. Sars
Ben o C. newtown
Niall MC. carrig
Timmy Mc. clyons
B corcoran. erins own
JBM Barrs
J Deane killeagh.

Nash gets in so i could free up a cloyne, Barrs slot,

Bank holiday trivia, Pick a cork team from last 50 years , one player max from each club, il go with
A Nash kanturk
B Murphy nemo
D o sullivan. cloyne
B Murphy. Bride rvs
Sean og piarsaighs
C Joyce cmartyr
W Sherlock rockies
J Fenton. mdton
Teddy Mc. Sars
Ben o C. newtown
Niall MC. carrig
Timmy Mc. clyons
B corcoran. erins own
JBM Barrs
J Deane killeagh.

Nash gets in so i could free up a cloyne, Barrs slot,
Absolutely loving that you left out the Glen 😂

I disagree, culture comes from your flag ship team and players. If we got our senior team right it would sprinkle down to the clubs through the inter county players
I think if our top players aren’t used to being tested physically at club level then they will always struggle at senior inter county. I don’t have the answers on how to change the culture tbh.

If those boys haven't already been confronted with that by the video analyst in the Cork camp, then we have bigger problems then ever. Take personal opinions out of it Cusack was 100% correct. Plenty of fellas on here had already noted the same incident, and talk of embarrassing lads on National TV is wide of the mark too, those lads are playing in front of thousands live or on TV every week, if they can't accept that bit of constructive criticism then high level sport isnt the right place for them. BTW I reckon they are all big and bold enough to take it and hopefully they'll learn from it for Saturday night.
Personal criticism is not constructive.
He might have valid points about the standard of defending, but the minute he starts introducing the right to wear the jersey type shtick into the conversation he's over the line imo.
I'm sure players are well able to deal with this sort of stuff.

No harm in anyone not 100% agreeing with what DoC says either.
There is harm in making the non-agreement personal towards him.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼