Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Different code for sure.

Despite not being able to buy frees since they were old enough to hold a hurley, it seems like a fair few of the Clare hurlers have taken to staying on the ground like ducks to water.

Seems everyone has their own pet reason as to why Cork are on a hiding to nothing.
Connolly has the quality I'm talking about and believe it or not O Donnell for Clare has it as well. If he had the ball in his hand that day hed have taken that hit and still might have got off a shot and then looked for the free

Sorting the Refs from the Ground up. The fucking Delusion here. If anyone here was at a committee or coaching group at their local club. They would realise how hard it is the get refs and the abuse they get even at Go games. Frank had his puppet hands manipulating everyone and the rest of Munster was a hurling Valhalla. . Stop now lads FFS.

Cusack is on TSG to provide analysis not act as a Cork supporter. We are very quick to criticise the likes of Dowling for his clear Limerick bias. We can’t have it both ways.
Dead right. He called out the shambles defence that has existed for over a decade. " Yerra De way De club game is reffed, shur the game is too soft down here" . FFS. Basic tackling, hook, block, stand your man up.

Cusack is on TSG to provide analysis not act as a Cork supporter. We are very quick to criticise the likes of Dowling for his clear Limerick bias. We can’t have it both ways.
Dowling " Oh he's not a dirty player and thats not his form" as a limerick pal completes another nasty foul...

Cusack has a fair point about the defensive work rate in that particular piece of play though his opinion on the game to me is made redundant by his not accepting that the puck outs lost were a key contributory cause to the losing of the game
I think he said it was down the list, and dismissing anyone's whole argument just because one element of it doesn't reconcile with your own opinion isn't how grown ups behave

Sort of undermines your point when he ended his piece talking as a Cork supporter....

Individuals being singled out for criticism with their worthiness to wear Cork jersey being questioned - 100% not helpful to the individual.
Manager then has to ensure that it doesn't get to the individual and to the team as a whole.

His reluctance to speak about puck-outs and strategy was a good thing, given that you'd imagine that Collins confidence can’t be sky high right now.
The fact that he didn't go into this indicates to me that he knows his words might cause issues for some.

Anyway, comments are out there now and may serve as a useful distraction.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Lemoncello

Coughlan's, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼