Cork Hurlers - Part 2

[
We've gone backwards from KK to PR. If BOC replaces PR, unfortunately, I think there's another level we can and will go down.
Cork management certainly give the impression they’ve lost their way. The Waterford team selection alarming.
But honestly do we have the players to win an AI with any manager?
Unfortunately I think we don’t.
PR himself has highlighted that even the best of his AI winning U20s aren’t good enough to make senior panels.
In Limerick their top guys go straight from minor to senior.

Yeah tipp are awful. Waterford threw that away today. Can't see Waterford winning again either not with flakes like Hutchinson and mahony on the team. Beat Limerick and we are thru imo.
You’ve a point in fairness.
I’ve said this many times on here. Limerick are well ahead of the rest in Munster. They don’t have to go hell for leather to get out of Munster & they manage themselves well to peak during AI series.
The rest in Munster are poor. Tipp awful, Waterford all huff & puff and Clare are Clare, all noise.

Sad to say we have backed ourselves into a corner again...we could be gone by May 11 or May 18 earlier than last year .....but you cant complain you get 4 shots at it to progress ....i know Munster is a minefield ...lose and your gone for 10 MONTHS in reality ..
But thats not the case yet we still have 2 games 4 POINTS to be won lets get behind the team because i believe we are not that far off the top .
Rebels Abu ...

We need a new puckout strategy to have any chance against Limerick. Same old, same old and we are totally and utterly doomed.

Having said that, here is what needs to happen:

We beat Limerick and Tipp
Waterford draw with Clare and beat Limerick
Clare beat Tipp

That would put Waterford on 6 pts, Clare on 5 points and into the Munster final. Us and Limerick on 4 points but we’d qualify by winning the helmet-to-hemet.

Let’s do this!
Or we beat Limerick and Tipp.
Clare and Limerick beat Waterford
Clare beat Tipp

Clare 6
Limerick 6
Cork 4
Waterford 3
Tipp 1

Last edited:
Cork need to win 6 games in a row to win all Ireland now

- Beat both limerick and Tipperary to get third spot
- Then an easy game against Joe mcdonagh opposition
- Then a quarter final against Leinster final losers (possible Galway)
- Then a AI semi final against Munster winners (Possibly Limerick again?)
Then a final against (Kilkenny or Clare)

We will have to do it the hard way if we are to win Liam - beat limerick twice on the way.

[
We've gone backwards from KK to PR. If BOC replaces PR, unfortunately, I think there's another level we can and will go down.
Whoever is in charge next year, be it Pat Ben or someone else has no choice but to play the young fellas. But if Ben (or anyone else wedded to the handball game) gets the job we are fucked, asking 20/21 year olds to handpass the ball through the lines against physical specimens is committing sporting suicide

That's quite funny considering all the nonsense that was posted here about Waterford before we played them, yet one team got a result there and it wasn't us.
In general I think what was said about Waterford before our game with them was not far wrong....what I don't think anybody predicted was that Cork could be so badly awful.

For me this game was one of the most disappointing in a long time because I don't believe we were beaten by a better team.

I believe the Clare performance would have beaten Waterford.

I know we are only half way through the championship and still have a chance because of Tipperary last night but I don't see any improvement this year compared to last year and that is disappointing.

There is still time but we need to see it on Saturday or we are gone.

Cork need to win 6 games in a row to win all Ireland now

- Beat both limerick and Tipperary to get third spot
- Then an easy game against Joe mcdonagh opposition
- Then a quarter final against Leinster final losers (possible Galway)
- Then a AI semi final against Munster winners (Possibly Limerick again?)
Then a final against (Kilkenny or Clare)

We will have to do it the hard way if we are to win Liam - beat limerick twice on the way.
Winning six is less of a challenge than winning the next two.

If we should be lucky enough to escape out of Munster then momentum would build and lessons learned.

Whoever is in charge next year, be it Pat Ben or someone else has no choice but to play the young fellas. But if Ben (or anyone else wedded to the handball game) gets the job we are fucked, asking 20/21 year olds to handpass the ball through the lines against physical specimens is committing sporting suicide
I agree 100% about the stupidity of handpassing the ball through the lines but what’s the realistic alternative.??? Leave it in high to guys who can’t win it on the ground let alone in the air. And lastly I think we’re getting a bit carried away with this notion of playing the “young fellas”. A lot of these guys have come up very short this year with the 20s. I accept Mullins and Cunningham need to play next year for sure.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Two Time Polka

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼