Cork Hurlers - Part 2

But but but Clare are the bestest and we all need to listen to the gospel according to TAN.
🤣
Now, now, his little fanclub on here will get upset.
Apparently his opinions must be respected as he's speaking from the giddy heights of Clare hurling (and not as someone with a pretty transparent dislike of Cork).

Now to my certain knowledge Cork have won more of note in the last 10 years than Clare.
That's in an era when the AI winning Clare team of 2013 were touted to be the next big team and fill the vacuum left by a KK team in decline.

I mean even we, lowly Cork, managed to beat KK in an AI SF in the past few years.
Something Clare can only dream of 😜

Is that the "royal we" or do you imagine you are speaking for Cork fans in general?
I am speaking for myself no one else, that is my opinion
They all need to have a great work ethic. That's been the case since time immemorial. Work without Skill or Skill without Work just won't cut it at the top level. You need the guys who excel at the hard work to make space and time for the guys who's forte is skill but by God you need both, in my opinion anyway
But we don’t have a panel full of players with a great work ethic do we?

I think the picked against Clare was very close to being as good as we can have. As it happens I think that is very good.

Midfield is the one area I think that has not been sorted more than any. I think Ethan Twomey may be one part of that jigsaw and for me I would like to see TOC tried again there or Brian Roche with Dara moving forward.

After that I simply think the team needs to be coached to defend.

I think the picked against Clare was very close to being as good as we can have. As it happens I think that is very good.

Midfield is the one area I think that has not been sorted more than any. I think Ethan Twomey may be one part of that jigsaw and for me I would like to see TOC tried again there or Brian Roche with Dara moving forward.

After that I simply think the team needs to be coached to defend.
I am inclined to agree with you there, After the 6 changes after Waterford a bit of continuity would be good

if we have a Brian Roche or Tommy O Connell in midfield with Ethan we will be much more robust and have a greater work ethic.

How Darragh Fitz is not playing at 11 is baffling, he would be a major asset to our foward line.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼