Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I can see Connolly having a very frustrating afternoon. There won't be much play in his sector unless Waterford line up in a more orthodox fashion. It'll be a tough outing for him. Hopefully he can hold his head and play the waiting game. We know the guy can play ball. But can he can he keep his head in the game when things aren't going his way? Sunday will present him with the chance to prove there's another string to his bow.

This Cork team is stacked full of potential. Right now it's just potential. Waterford have a point to prove and will bring the thunder for sure. But every single one of our guys has a point to prove too. They've all been accused of being fair weather hurlers, or unable to win their own ball, or lazy, or failed when it counted in previous years, or being too old, too slow, too small, too weak. Every single one them has critics to answer. Waterford will bring the thunder, but we should bring the fucking storm! This is the day that Cork answer their critics.

Coleman has been fantastic for Cork in years past at half back. However its important to point out, he was playing a very loose game, attacking the ball and not really marking his man IMO.

I'm hoping his defensive abilities, catching/batting high ball, blocking, flicking, getting a hand, hurley anything in the way has improved. See Mellerick as an example, always getting the flick in harassing opposition.

If Coleman was improved here under P Ryan coaching, Great, we're in business, if not, its out to midfield or the forward line or the bench.

I certainly dont want another mgmt mistake like Tony Kelly dominating TOC last year to happen to Coleman vs much bigger Al Star wing forward giants who can hurl.

I will be delighted if Coleman has a brilliant session but it would be foolish not to worry about the defensive abilities at half back.

I will change the record now. Roll on Wford, cannot wait for game.
He only got toasted when he was in centre-back where real physicality is required. A wing back doesn't need to be as strong as they are not defending the central channel and less likely to give up goal chances.
It really comes down to do you think his attacking prowess outweighs his defensive frailties. As a centre-back/sweeper I don't but as a wing-back I do.

I reckon the team and panel is strong enough to beat Waterford but against the real contenders for the All Ireland weaknesses get exposed. I see three weak positions on the team named against Waterford. Two of which I won't say as in fairness to those players I don't see a better alternative player for that position. The one I will say is CL at centre forward. An extraordinarily skillful hurler but too often goes missing on the day. I hope he and the other two players prove me wrong on Sunday and if not I hope the round robin format will allow for tweaks that will make us into a team to contest the AI

C'mon the rebels !!!

I feal Waterford will be a huge test and if we get a win it will go to the wire ...they have plenty very good players and there bad record in the round robin has to come to an end sometime ....I hope and think our bench could swing it.
The fact that we will outnumber blaas on their own grounds speaks volumes about their confidence in this team. Austin Gleeson knew they would be shit this year and couldn't be arsed doing all the 5 o clock starts for nothing under Davy Fitz so gave it a skip knowing he'll be gone next year. Never more confident of a Cork win than this game.

I can see Connolly having a very frustrating afternoon. There won't be much play in his sector unless Waterford line up in a more orthodox fashion. It'll be a tough outing for him. Hopefully he can hold his head and play the waiting game. We know the guy can play ball. But can he can he keep his head in the game when things aren't going his way? Sunday will present him with the chance to prove there's another string to his bow.

This Cork team is stacked full of potential. Right now it's just potential. Waterford have a point to prove and will bring the thunder for sure. But every single one of our guys has a point to prove too. They've all been accused of being fair weather hurlers, or unable to win their own ball, or lazy, or failed when it counted in previous years, or being too old, too slow, too small, too weak. Every single one them has critics to answer. Waterford will bring the thunder, but we should bring the fucking storm! This is the day that Cork answer their critics.

Re Alan Connolly, I think his temperament is one of his strongest traits. I'd have no doubts that he will keep his head in the game.

I reckon the team and panel is strong enough to beat Waterford but against the real contenders for the All Ireland weaknesses get exposed. I see three weak positions on the team named against Waterford. Two of which I won't say as in fairness to those players I don't see a better alternative player for that position. The one I will say is CL at centre forward. An extraordinarily skillful hurler but too often goes missing on the day. I hope he and the other two players prove me wrong on Sunday and if not I hope the round robin format will allow for tweaks that will make us into a team to contest the AI

C'mon the rebels !!!
we are behind All Ireland contenders?? How do u reckon that, we wernt too far behind any team in 2023, a few tweaks and we are there. We are as good as any team in the championship and a bit of luck etc can play a big part. The margins are tiny, a bad ref decision etc can put a team out of c/ship.

Fitzgerald might not give cork a sweeper in the end.
Surely leavey Fagan and calum lyons start.

Waterford have a good squad if they were prepared well and push up
Calum lyons for daragh
Leavey midfield for Montgomery
Fagan for mahony

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Cantwell - Litterbox

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼