Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That won’t do in the medium term even. Equally some of the younger guys like O’Mahony, Jack O’Connor, Kingston when he’s fit might ask themselves what they’ve done in the chances they’ve had to make themselves part of the furniture for a starting 15. Robbie o’flynn probably has the biggest gripe.
I think the biggest issue for TOM has been successive managers trying to shoehorn him into different positions and also a 100% ROF will start all day long. Unfortunately for him and us, he just can't seem to get there.

Pat Ryan hasn’t put any confidence in me with his comments during the week.

“Getting out of Munster is the first step in that. As you said, I’d bite your hand off for third. I think everyone would.”

Like he should be saying winning Munster is a goal, we haven’t won it since 2018. The end goal is the Liam McCarthy but winning is a habit and having some silverware goes a long way in confidence.

Like absolutely I’d bite you hand off to get out of Munster but our manager settling with comments like that.
We should be out winning everything end of story.

Here’s the article in case anyone thinks I’m making it up. Reported on a few papers too.
What he’s saying to the club is more important than what he says in the press no? How do you know he isn’t communicating a much different message to the team?

PR and his selectors have picked the team and that’s the end of it, If we agree or not is irrelevant at this stage, they are training with the lads every evening so let’s just trust them and get behind the team.

I do hope if a certain players aren’t working out they are quick to make changes where necessary and thankfully the bench is absolutely stacked with talent.

I can’t remember seeing a Cork bench so strong in a long long time.

Can’t wait now! Rebels Abu!

PR and his selectors have picked the team and that’s the end of it, If we agree or not is irrelevant at this stage, they are training with the lads every evening so let’s just trust them and get behind the team.

I do hope if a certain players aren’t working out they are quick to make changes where necessary and thankfully the bench is absolutely stacked with talent.

I can’t remember seeing a Cork bench so strong in a long long time.

Can’t wait now! Rebels Abu!
Well said!

I think the biggest issue for TOM has been successive managers trying to shoehorn him into different positions and also a 100% ROF will start all day long. Unfortunately for him and us, he just can't seem to get there.
100%.
I rem people here calling him our new Ray Cummins one day and our new Ronan Curran another day.
Let him in one spot and he will thrive

I'm thinking Twomey will go to wing forward and SB will operate between the two lines. Would strengthen up our half line big time.Hope we can handle their extra man at the back bullshit aswell. Anyway I think whichever team wants it the most will win. Rebels Abù

I don't understand this idea that Coleman is a good sweeper. It doesn't suit him to have too much time and operates better when acting instinctively. He has been brilliant in the past for Cork as an orthodox left half-back & I hope this is the role he takes on Sunday.

I don't understand this idea that Coleman is a good sweeper. It doesn't suit him to have too much time and operates better when acting instinctively. He has been brilliant in the past for Cork as an orthodox left half-back & I hope this is the role he takes on Sunday.
Coleman has been fantastic for Cork in years past at half back. However its important to point out, he was playing a very loose game, attacking the ball and not really marking his man IMO.

I'm hoping his defensive abilities, catching/batting high ball, blocking, flicking, getting a hand, hurley anything in the way has improved. See Mellerick as an example, always getting the flick in harassing opposition.

If Coleman was improved here under P Ryan coaching, Great, we're in business, if not, its out to midfield or the forward line or the bench.

I certainly dont want another mgmt mistake like Tony Kelly dominating TOC last year to happen to Coleman vs much bigger Al Star wing forward giants who can hurl.

I will be delighted if Coleman has a brilliant session but it would be foolish not to worry about the defensive abilities at half back.

I will change the record now. Roll on Wford, cannot wait for game.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼